Did you mean: 

Nexus 6p software update - version NRD90M

Journeyman

Features/Enhancements:

• OS Upgrade to Android N with August Security Patch

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 8/22/16 and will be completed by 8/30/16
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Nexus 6p software update - version NRD90M

It's now 8/31 and I haven't gotten Android N pushed to my phone. I've manually checked for it through Settings|About phone|Software update. Can you confirm that it's being pushed out? Has anyone else received it?

GrandMaster

restart your phone and it might push the update. are you connected to wifi or the regular mobile network?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Will do. Been on both kinds of networks a lot.

GrandMaster

there are other ways to try and force it but you will need to google it..its usually not recommended but i do know people that do the method you will find when you google it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

I've heard that the update was pulled. There's nothing official but the firmware hasn't been released on this yet (along with the Nexus 6). Rumors are that it will be released with the September security update. You are probably better waiting because some people are having battery issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update is now listed on Google's factory images website but I am still waiting for OTA update on my 6P.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images and scroll to section

"angler" for Nexus 6P

2 Updates available for Nougat:

7.0.0 (NRD90T)

7.0.0 (NRD90U)

Journeyman

Can we get some sense of whether Sprint is actually pushing out this OTA?  Or does it come directly from Google over my data (wifi, etc)?

Journeyman

In case of Google phones (e.g.Nexus 6P) it is rolled-out directly from Google. Not sure how they determine the schedule of the roll-out, i.e. which phase of the roll-out a phone will get the update.

GrandMaster

for most OEM's it gets sent out by the serial number of the device so it gets more spread out.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat