cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE Connection for Nexus 5 Suddenly Started

Highlighted
Journeyman

No LTE Connection for Nexus 5 Suddenly Started

I have a Nexus 5 and can not connect to LTE at all! I am stuck on 3G with only about 1 MB download per second speed. The strange thing is for the 4 months I have had this phone I was on LTE almost all the time. Where I was constantly getting around 20 MB download per second speed. Now within the past few days something happened and I can not connect to LTE anymore. I have tried everything possible. Here are the things I have tried.

1.) Restarted the phone - did not work

2.) Updated PRL and Profile - did not work

3.) Pressed the code on the dial pad to reset and restart the phone network settings - did not work

4.) Changed the preferred network setting from Global to LTE - did not work (changed it back to Global)

The interesting thing is when I do all 4 of those things, it gets the LTE symbol for 5 to 10 seconds then goes blank then to 3G. So clearly I have done my research and done all the standard trouble shooting. My family which has Galaxy S3's are all connected to LTE, but my Nexus is not. So I know there is LTE coverage here. I want to know what and when something was done to the towers around here to effect my phone's connectivity.

I have read an article from Sprint about the problem these tri band devices are having (Nexus 5 and LG G2) are having with some unable to connect to LTE. In summary the article basically just says wait for the tower upgrades. But that is a unacceptable solution. Especially when mine worked on LTE fine for 4 months in this same area then stopped, which points to something being changed to the Sprint network in the area to cause it. I want someone from Sprint to inform me what was done to the network in the past few days in the area Anderson Avenue, Hanover, MD, 21076. I am not waiting months with no LTE for it to be fixed, I will not accept that as a solution, because that is not a solution.Not being able to access LTE with a LTE enabled smart phone purchased from them is a breach of contract if a solution!

12 REPLIES 12
Master

Re: No LTE Connection for Nexus 5 Suddenly Started

AndroidGeek409

Thank you for posting. That is really weird that you were getting LTE and now you are not. I have checked the zip code and there are no current outages. Since others are able to get LTE in your area it sounds like there may be an issue with the phone. I would recommend you taking it into one of our repair center. You can find you closest location at www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Toya D.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

You clearly do not understand the issue. The Sprint Rep on twitter already admitted that its issue wuth tri band phones. The Nexus 5 is one of them. That there is an update supposed to come out to fix it. But the Rep said tgere was no set date. So that is an unacceptable response.

So since I could be waiting 1 day or 6 months for this update, will replace my phone wuth an equal value phone? If not you will loose a customer to t mobile for breaching your contract with me. If you can breach your contract with provuding me LTE as the contract says with my phone then so can I can breach mine by leaving.

Journeyman

My nexus 5 is doing the same. I had LTE since December at my house but now am only 3g everywhere. Including where I work (21045)

Journeyman

It started middle/end of last week for me

Journeyman

Stopped in a store. Was told nothing could be done about it. They will not let me jump phones but said there is suppose to be a fix in by the end of the first quarter of 2014.... Not so helpful.

Journeyman

Yeah I noticed mine Friday. Glad someone else showing others Sprint is full of crap. After recieving a very unhelpful response on here I went into the Sprint store and looked at the other tri band devices they had in there. The Nexus 5 and LG G2. BOTH also on 3G while the Moto X sitting literally right BESIDE it was on 4G. I took a picture of the 2 phones sude by sude for proof.

I confronted the tech there about it in the Columbia store and he basically admitted it was the towers. He explained basically they had taken down the LTE band the tri band devices were using and now thry need to build the new LTE band. He said he opened a network ticket for me (whatever that does, if anything) and that it should be fixed in a few days. So if its not fixed by Saturday I am going back in there. I win't be leaving the store until 1.) They give me a specific date that will be fixed with in a week. 2.) Allow me to exchange to an equal value non tri band device. 3.) Allow me to cancel my contract with no fee.

If I am not offered at least one of those 3 options, it will not be pretty. I will be making them call the Sprint district manager. He was there when I bought the phone. If sprint can break their contract with providing LTE without any notification or compensation, then I can break my contract with out cost too. Watch me.

Journeyman

Oh yeah! Also today I brought this to the attention of my co worker who has a G2 today. He said he will be calling Sprint to complain too! :-)

Master

AndroidGeek409,

I did notify our tech's about the issue you are having by pin pointing the area. They will investigate and get this issues cleared.

Thank you,
*Paida.
Journeyman

Lol. We are working on solving your issue. I promise. Just don't complain for 5 more days and when it is not fixed in 5 days we will push it out again. And if you complain to much I will try to get you to PM me so others can't see your complaints and they will think we are working on them or fixed them. Do I sound like SprintCare yet?

Journeyman

Under Mobile network settings:

Data enabled: checked

Data roaming: checked

Preferred network type: LTE (not Global)

System select: Automatic (so that you can roam if necessary)

These are the basic settings, but if you somehow changed your APN settings, it should be connected to Sprint LTE n.ispsn

Make sure your UICC (SIM) is inserted and reboot your device.

I can't say that mine works... just providing a suggestion. I'm still waiting for Sprint to even allow me to activate my device.

Master

SprintCustomerSince2002,

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way! Please know that we are working hard to get everything squared away. With our service enhancements going on it can impair service until they are complete. If you are experiencing any specific issues I am here to help just let us know.

*Jazmine

Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat