cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE Connection for Nexus 5 Suddenly Started

Highlighted
Journeyman

No LTE Connection for Nexus 5 Suddenly Started

I have a Nexus 5 and can not connect to LTE at all! I am stuck on 3G with only about 1 MB download per second speed. The strange thing is for the 4 months I have had this phone I was on LTE almost all the time. Where I was constantly getting around 20 MB download per second speed. Now within the past few days something happened and I can not connect to LTE anymore. I have tried everything possible. Here are the things I have tried.

1.) Restarted the phone - did not work

2.) Updated PRL and Profile - did not work

3.) Pressed the code on the dial pad to reset and restart the phone network settings - did not work

4.) Changed the preferred network setting from Global to LTE - did not work (changed it back to Global)

The interesting thing is when I do all 4 of those things, it gets the LTE symbol for 5 to 10 seconds then goes blank then to 3G. So clearly I have done my research and done all the standard trouble shooting. My family which has Galaxy S3's are all connected to LTE, but my Nexus is not. So I know there is LTE coverage here. I want to know what and when something was done to the towers around here to effect my phone's connectivity.

I have read an article from Sprint about the problem these tri band devices are having (Nexus 5 and LG G2) are having with some unable to connect to LTE. In summary the article basically just says wait for the tower upgrades. But that is a unacceptable solution. Especially when mine worked on LTE fine for 4 months in this same area then stopped, which points to something being changed to the Sprint network in the area to cause it. I want someone from Sprint to inform me what was done to the network in the past few days in the area Anderson Avenue, Hanover, MD, 21076. I am not waiting months with no LTE for it to be fixed, I will not accept that as a solution, because that is not a solution.Not being able to access LTE with a LTE enabled smart phone purchased from them is a breach of contract if a solution!

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

The reason a lot of phones can't connect to LTE anymore even if they could before if due to CSFBhttp://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat