cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Ambassador: Widgets & apps for my nexus 5

Sprint Product Ambassador

nexus5.PNG

The Google nexus 5 is pure Google with no OEM overlay which means no bloatware.... Downside of no OEM overlay is that some of the widgets OEM use are not available. Example: no full view calendar widget, no contact/people widget, and no weather clock widget to name a few. My problem is these are the widgets I use the most so I go to Google Play and find the ones I need....

Screenshot_2014-07-13-12-32-26.pngScreenshot_2014-07-13-18-32-00.png

There are many options available for weather clock and I went with Sense Flip Clock app on my Nexus 5. I like the ability to make it somewhat transparent and have my weather available at the same time.....

Screenshot_2014-07-13-12-32-41.pngScreenshot_2014-07-13-12-33-20.pngScreenshot_2014-07-13-18-45-46.png

APW is another app I use on my Nexus 5 for my Calendar and Contact/People widgets. This is another app that provides a transparency option along with several Widget options. One of the advantages of this app is that it provides several other widget options.

sms_text_image.png

Handscent is my SMS text app instead of using Hangouts.... I like how when I receive a new message, it pops up on my screen. Saves me time in having to open up the app to check out my new message...

There are many app options in Google Play Store and everyone has their favorite apps. These are a few of the apps I selected to use on my Nexus 5 for features i use the most on my mobile phones....

What apps do you use on your Nexus 5?

Thanks for reading my blog.....

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.