cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Frustrated with this whole LTE Nexus 5 thing

Highlighted
Journeyman

So Frustrated with this whole LTE Nexus 5 thing

Why is it that I bought the phone, it worked pretty well for the first 3.5 months and now all I can get is 3g?? I go into a store and their tri-band phones are also locked onto only 3g, I ask about jumping phones to a non-tri band phone and am told I cant? I left VZW for this? I'm ready to leave and head back to Verizon where at least they would step up and help solve the issue not just push me off....

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: So Frustrated with this whole LTE Nexus 5 thing

joemyrick77

I would like to look into this for you. Can you let me know your cross streets and zip code? What kind of phone do you currently have? Did this problem start occurring after a phone update? Let me know so I can help.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: So Frustrated with this whole LTE Nexus 5 thing

It's spark causing the problem. Although the Nexus 5 has yet to receive the upgrade enabling spark, my G2 was having this same issue. Tech at the Sprint store figured out that spark isn't fully compatible with our phones. He then disabled spark on my device and my phone is back to normal. LTE works great and my download speeds are 25-30Mbps on average. He wouldn't tell me how he disabled spark as I'm sure Sprint doesn't want us to know Spark, the G2 AND the Nexus 5 were all released too soon.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat