cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: All about the hardware with the Nexus 5

Sprint Product Ambassador

I have had the Nexus 5 for about a month now and one thing I noticed was the weight and the construction of the hardware. To be honest, I was sporting the HTC One Max and by no means would it be a fair comparison to compare. Therefore, I will provide an overview on the construction and my personal view of what I think about the Nexus hardware.

According to Google the device weighs in at 4.8 oz.

For me,  this is a very good weight and the device feels very light and comfortable in the hand.

In fact the depth of the phone is approximately 8.59 mm and width is 69.17. For me, this is just right size to manage using the device with one hand and one thumb.

IMG_0204.JPG

The back of the device has a nice matte feel to it as well. I can hold it without worrying about the device slipping out of my hand. However, I personally use a case to protect the back, sides and corners of my devices because I tend to drop and damage them soon after I have taken possession of a device.

The front display screen is about 4.95” 1920x1080 with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3. In essence, you shouldn't need any protective clear film or a front cover to protect the display because it comes with a durable display that will stand up to against deep and minor scratches.

This diagram is a visual of the location of the power button and the volume rocker for this device. http://eguides.sprint.com/support/eguides/googlenexus5/index.html#google_nexus_5_ug/your_phone_at_a_...

diagram.png

On the right side of the device, you will find the power key and the micro SIM slot. I must say that the power key is not in a good place for this device because I find myself pressing this button along with the volume rocker accidentally when I am trying to take pictures horizontally. This eventually causes the device to go into a boot loader setting because of the pressing of the volume rocker buttons. Therefore, I feel the power key should be on top of the device or more in the center of the device on the right side.

What are your thoughts about the hardware of this device?

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.