cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: LG Nexus 5 Battery Life

Journeyman

I've been using the LG Nexus 5 for a couple of weeks now as my primary device. One thing that has really impressed me during this is the battery life. I've used phones that have much larger batteries. Some of these don't last a full day of heavy use. So when I learned the LG Nexus 5 only had a 2,300 mAh battery, I was a bit nervous.

Much to my surprise however, this phone has performed wonderfully. Most days I am putting the device under heavy to VERY heavy use with LOTS of on screen time. Even still, the Nexus 5 easily lasts all day, and more than once over the 17hour claim from Google. Let me give you an example of one of my days last week in which the Nexus 5 held up extremely well.

As you may know, the FIFA World CUP is under way in Brazil. As a die hard fan, I have watched every single game so far, and don't plan on missing any! No, I didn't take a month off of work, but I am able to stream the games using the Watch ESPN available on the Google Play store. Last week was the final games of the group stage, which is the part of the tournament used to qualify for the "Sweet 16." In order to prevent collusion, all 4 of the teams in a group play at the same time. This makes it VERY difficult to keep up with all of the games. However, thanks to the Watch ESPN app, I was able to stream the game on my tablet and my LG Nexus 5 so I wouldn't miss a second of either game. I streamed 4 games for 4 days in a row along with the regular onslaught of emails, social media updates and texts. The LG Nexus 5 performed beautifully!

Thanks for reading, For more information on this device visit Nexus 5

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.