cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: LG Nexus 5

Journeyman

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on the Nexus 5. This is the latest edition of the Google experience smartphone that launched back in 2013. I was very excited to finally get to try out this handset. Its my first Nexus device and its definitely one of my favorites.

To start with, there isn't any manufacturer's "bloatware" included in the software. There isn't a skin overlayed to mask the KitKat system. Don't get me wrong, there are some features from each manufacturer that I enjoy on their phones. But very rarely do I like or want to keep everything they stuff in my phone. And unfortunately you can't removed it, so its stuck on your device, taking up space, and you don't want it. Google has rectified that problem with the Nexus device. The inner specs of this device mirror the LG G2 very closely, which make it a top-notch phone. Wait! There's more!!! All of this comes a fraction of the cost, WITHOUT A CONTRACT. That's right, you can purchase this device for $350 off contract straight from Google. http://www.google.com/nexus/5/

Any real competitor (regarding specs RAM/ROM Optional Memory etc) would easily be over $500 off contract. And without the extra stuff potentially bogging down you device, you are able to download any app/widget/launcher you want with no worries of slowing down your device's performance. I've been very impressed by this device so far, and I can't wait to find out more about what it can do.

Thanks for reading, For more information on this device visit Nexus 5

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.