cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Nexus 5 Gorilla Glass

Sprint Product Ambassador

Answer the following questions.

Are you a person who is walking around with a crack or shattered screen on your device?

Are you a person carrying a device with many scratches on your screen?

Are you a person who always invest in a screen protector to protect your device?

If you have answered yes to one or all of these questions, then you should check out the Nexus 5. This device comes with scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3. For those of you who are not too familiar about what it is and what it does, you can check out the specs and details on Corning’s Product Information Sheet: Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 Product Information Sheet.

20140802_201350.jpg

More importantly, it gives you added protection on everyday uses such as sliding it in and out of your pocket, purse, backpack or briefcase. For me, I tend to find myself placing it face down on rough and smooth surfaces along with the occasional drops. The tactic is for it to keep the scratches and deep chips from breaking the screen which results to longer life and less money for you in the long run.

However, there is one major thing the Nexus 5 is missing and that is the protection of the body on the device. No fault of Corning or Google, but I would love to have some sort of Corning protection all around the device.  Today, I do have a fairly slim and light weight case in which I purchased from Spigen because I need to protect the corners of my device when I drop it.

Is the Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 an added benefit for you?

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.