cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: How to add and delete home screens on the Nexus 5

Journeyman

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/Nexus_5_(1).jpg

I recently got my hands on a Nexus 5 and had very high expectations for it. I am happy to say that it delivered.

Coming from the M8, and the Kyocera Hydro Vibe, I got spoiled with small software enhancements that were

actually practical and not just a gimmick, one of which being a somewhat more intuitive way of adding or deleting

homescreens. 

What the Nexus 5 does (with a Vanilla version of android) makes sense, but just took a moment or two to get used to.

In order to add a screen, just drag an icon to the right (as if moving to the next screen over), and wait for it to create a

new screen. It basically looks as if the screen has always been there, and the only way to know it wasn't is by looking

at the dots on the bottom of the screen that indicate which screen you are on. To delete the screen, just drag all icons

out of that particular screen, and it goes bye bye. Makes sense if you think about it, but it took me a little bit to adjust

to.

You can watch a video on how to do it below:

(source)

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee