cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Removing Google Now (launcher) from the Homescreens (Nexus 5)

Journeyman

I absolutely love Google Now, and I love my Nexus 5, but I do not like having it on my home screen.

This is probably the only gripe I have with the phone, especially since customization is at the heart

of Android. I mean, if HTC lets me remove Blinkfeed from my homescreens, why won't Google let

me remove the Google now screen from my phone without turning it off completely?

http://androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/google-now-leave-by1.jpg(source)

Well, I am happy to say that there are two ways to remove it from the homescreens while keeping the

vanilla flavor. The first way is to completely turn off Google now. This should be a last resort because

Google Now is a pretty phenomenal tool. Although not ideal, it will do the trick. The second way is to

just install the Nexus 4 launcher. This way, you have all your homescreens without turning off Google

now in the process.

To go the first route, you can follow this link

To go the second route, click here

There is a third option if you do not care about keeping the stock look, and that would be to install a

customer launcher like NOVA, but if you got this phone, you are probably a Vanilla lover.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee