cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: The Nexus 5 will help you Move

Sprint Product Ambassador

icon.jpg

Seems everyone is offering gadgets and apps to help you get healthy; track movement, count calories and track what you eat. LG and Google are on board the Nexus 5 and on-board movement sensors.

Given that each Nexus device is "pure Google" they don't come with carrier, OEM or 3rd party apps. To take advantage of the health tracking benefits, you have to download and install an app that can tap into the incredibly sensitive movement sensors baked into the Nexus 5.

Move, by ProtoGeo, is the go-to app recommended for the Nexus 5. There may be other apps that can track movement, but Move has a simple, clean, polished interface that I like. Move is not exclusive to the Nexus 5, but it was designed to tap into the movement sensors with great accuracy.

With Move installed on your Nexus 5 you can track almost any type of movement, such as walking, jogging and cycling. Move knows, based on the sensors, what kind of movement you are doing and categorizes appropriately. The main screen gives you a simple, concise overview of your movement.

homepage.jpg

The Move app will give you details of your movement including starting location, stops along the way, duration, length, distance and more. This screen-shot was taken from the app page on the Play market site, so I don't know why someone would walk for three minutes, then ride their bike for a while, then walk the remaining distance "home." Maybe they had to walk their bike up a few steep hills?

detail.jpg

Move taps into rich geo-location info from FourSquare to let you know what's nearby.

nearby.jpg

You can dig down into the details of each activity and see a map of your trek. Here's an actual walk I took around the Sprint campus in Overland Park, KS. Yes, from the map it looks like the walking path was "simplified" (or I walked through building walls), but based on previous knowledge and experience with other apps and devices, it measured the steps, distance and duration very accurately. That's really what matters most to me.

map.png  miles.png  minutes.png

I really like the Move app coupled with the Nexus 5. Together, they make for a powerful activity tracking solution to help you keep tabs on your personal fitness goals.

Cheers to good health!

credit: Move app, Google Play

Disclaimer: Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles.

1 Comment