cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Spark on Nexus 5 in Chicago-area not working?

Journeyman

Sprint Spark on Nexus 5 in Chicago-area not working?

Dear Sprint,

I just got the 4.4.3 on my Nexus 5. I live in the area of zip code 60555.

How can I tell that my Nexus 5 is connect to Spark?

I did *#*#DEBUG#*#* on my phone and it's not connected to the Spark band.

Thank you,

Sprint User in Chicago-area

31 REPLIES 31
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Spark on Nexus 5 in Chicago-area not working?

I recommend you to download signalcheck pro from the play store. And try not to judge the network based on one location. Some towers or serving cells are not properly setup for spark so your phone might knock you down to 3G if it senses a problem. It does so to retain voice service and you don't miss calls. I found my nexus 5 work perfectly on spark in some areas and some areas will knock me down to 3G even when I know LTE is available there. The update is letting me know how immature the network is in some areas.

Journeyman

Do you see a different icon other than "LTE" on the status bar top of your phone?

Journeyman

No icon change. Only sprint branded phones receive an icon. The nexus is an unlocked Google device. The icon change would have to come from Google.

Master

jh2480kim, which bands are you showing the phone is connected to, specifically? Also, after the update, did you try doing a profile update and ##SCRTN# with WiFi turned off?  Sometimes that can make a difference.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Happy Connecting!

Journeyman

My nexus appears to be on band 51

Master

alexrdz82,

Good afternoon! Are you experiencing any issues with your device? Keep us posted.

Regards,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

no errors only slow network and will on voice it cuts in and out.

Master

alexrdz82,

Can you narrow down your location to the nearest cross streets and zip? That way, I can see how the tower is performing that is servicing your area. Thanks.

Crystal
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

springfield ave and north ave 60651 and as well as dearborn st and lake st 60601 those are the to major area I am daily and having these issues. I also do not have Spark enabled on my device. I have a nexus 5 on current 4.4.3 (KTU84M)

Master

alexrdz82,

Thank you for the info. What kind of speeds are you getting on your device? Can you please run a speed test and post some of the results? Also, most of the towers throughout that area do not have the Spark LTE upgrades quite yet.

-Patrick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

VM indicator not workiing was a known bug in 4.4.2. I spoke with a rep on the phone yesterday who said it was fixed in 4.4.3. I'm still not seeing it. Any quick fixes?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat