cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Spark on Nexus 5 in Chicago-area not working?

Master

Re: Sprint Spark on Nexus 5 in Chicago-area not working?

Jonathan.Q,

Have you gone to a Sprint service store to have the device checked out.

SarahG

Social care
Journeyman

I have, but not recently because of the time the store opens & my job schedule. Lately I haven't been able to make calls, it started the day after my last post *about 5 days ago I think* but I can still get data & messages. The corporate sprint store open's @ 10 AM, so the only time that I had the chance was to have a representative fix the settings for sprints network. Everything was perfect for the first 2 months then the roaming situation started & I would get back on sprints network threw band 25, this was about 6 or 7 month's before the 4.4.3 update. The problem was fixed or I thought, because now for voice it would go to band 51 which I never knew sprint even had... Anyway then the roaming symbol came back then switch to band 51 & finally now I can't make a call at all. Only data goes threw. I'm guessing this is what I should explain to the rep's?

Journeyman

I have, but not recently because of the time the store opens & my job schedule. Lately I haven't been able to make calls, it started the day after my last post *about 5 days ago I think* but I can still get data & messages. The corporate sprint store open's @ 10 AM, so the only time that I had the chance was to have a representative fix the settings for sprints network. Everything was perfect for the first 2 months then the roaming situation started & I would get back on sprints network threw band 25, this was about 6 or 7 month's before the 4.4.3 update. The problem was fixed or I thought, because now for voice it would go to band 51 which I never knew sprint even had... Anyway then the roaming symbol came back then switch to band 51 & finally now I can't make a call at all. Only data goes threw. I'm guessing this is what I should explain to the rep's?

Master

Jonathan.Q

Sorry to hear about this. What forms of troubleshooting have you done? Have you done all the updates? Lastly, have you tried doing a *#*#72786#*#* to re-provision your device?

Patrick N
Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

You're pretty lucky at least you can make calls, I can use lte but not 3G nor EV-DO & haven't been able to make any outgoing calls for 2 months! I could receive calls & that's sometimes if it doesn't get sick in the incoming call screen & have to reset the phone.... This suck's, I'm just going to use go+ for Google voice over data calls. We tried everything possible over spring customer care but nothing works, they gave me an $80 credit to my bill but that doesn't fix anything.

Journeyman

While trying to fix my voice call problems, resetting just about everything band 26 works now, but still no voice calls.

Master

Jonathan Q,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your service. May I have your cross streets and zip code? I would like to check out your area and see what's causing the service issues. Have you tried to update your data profile? What error message are you getting when making a call? Let us know.

Brenda

Sprint Social Care
Master

Jonathan. Q, I'll be more than happy to help you with this. What kind of device do you have? Can you please provide me with two main cross streets and zip code? I will be able to check your coverage and see what's causing this to happen. Saul, Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat