cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint stores have no SIM CARDS for Nexus 5, now I have no phone for 1 month

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint stores have no SIM CARDS for Nexus 5, now I have no phone for 1 month

I had broken my previous phone and bought this NEXUS 5 out of contract 32 gig.   I go to activate it and then I'm told by sprint chat that I need a sim card.  they tell me to go to any sprint store to pick one up.  I waste my Saturday going to three diffrent Sprint stores and the customer reps in each store are abosouletely cluessless.  They either didn't know what I was talking about, told me to go to a diffrent Sprint store, and the other one told me they are out of stock and to "wait 1-3 weeks".  Seemed like a random number. 

So  now I have no phone, and have to pay this $88 bill when I can't even use my phone?  I can't wait to leave this company. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint stores have no SIM CARDS for Nexus 5, now I have no phone for 1 month

It's no secret that an unlocked phone needs a SIM. I hate to say it but that's a bit of user error on your part. Now the fact that Sprint didn't anticipate as many off contract phones to be activated was their bad.

I have read many places that there is a shortage of SIMs for Sprint. Maybe try internation chat? That's how I got mine. Entire process took less than 10 minutes and I paid $12 for overnight shipping. The SIM was free.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint stores have no SIM CARDS for Nexus 5, now I have no phone for 1 month

I have an order waiting to ship since 11/3.. ordered thru chat as well. too busy to waste time calling sprint stores.  Some suggested calling privately owned phone repair shops who may have broken devices for parts and extra cards. Seems to be a fun project if I was bored out of my mind... But, I am sporting a 3 year old epic 4g for now and refusing to devote hours and hours of effort.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I ordered my SIM via international chat on 11/4 and received on 11/6.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey man/woman, Yup I just went through the same just this past weekend! By an act of god I came across this link within the Sprint.com community! I was just about to cancel sprint (which the way the service has been since they activated the 4G out here I might do still due to ungodly service!) But that's not what u are here to talk about here is the address u need to go to in order to get a UICC SIM card for ur nexus 5 on sprint,now I warn you! It is a back order wait of 4 weeks due to the goggle play edition.there has been a company wide shortage so they say, but here is the web address, [Inappropriate Link Removed] it was a matter of four instant messaging back and forth with the sprint worldwide customer service rep. Before I had a order confirmation number and a Sim card for my nexus 5 in the process of being shipped directly to my door! Now like I said it could take up to for weeks for it to leave the warehouse, but oh well there is no other choice in the matter! The order is done directly through ur sprint account and cost you nothing. I hope this helps you out in your journey to a unlocked Google nexus 5 being activated on the sprint network.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - "This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!"

Highlighted
Journeyman

you're a lucky one then.  I have an order from 11/4 sitting with no status update what so ever. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing happening with IPhone 5s! No iPhone 5s simcard in the stores, they don't even have a clue it has to be a ICCID card instead they are saying to "go buy one from Apple". Apple does not sell it because it's a "SPRINT" service card. Had to order one from Sprint for free and took only 2 business days. HOWEVER.....the SIM card I received is "not compatible" with the device! This was after confirming with agent a gazillion times the card is for an iPhone 5s. This SIMCARD thing sprint created is so horrible!!! Oh and still no phone till who knows when!

Highlighted
Master

Pychotdog,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We just wanted to follow up with you to see if you were able to get your SIM card for your iPhone 5 replaced?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat