cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UICC card for Google Play Nexus 5 - 6 week lead time????

Journeyman

UICC card for Google Play Nexus 5 - 6 week lead time????

I cannot believe that the current ETA for UICC cards to be available for the Nexus 5 is 4 weeks from today.  That means I will have had my phone for almost 2 months before I can even use it!?  How is that possible?  Particularly when outlets like BestBuy have them available for sale for $30.

I have an order entered on 11/4 for the UICC card and there have been no status updates on that order.  Originally, the person I placed the order with said should be about 2 weeks before the cards are back in stock.  Now it's up to 4 weeks from today, so 6 weeks total??  All of this AND being told by a store that they can't give me a UICC card without changing my plan so they can activate is very bad customer service.  How can sprint treat their current customers this way?  It wouldn't be so bad if I could activate my nexus 5 without the UICC card, but I can't even do that!?!!?!

It can't possibly take 6 weeks to obtain a batch of UICC cards, since they've needed them for devices since earlier this year! [i.e. Galaxy S4, HTC One, etc].

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: UICC card for Google Play Nexus 5 - 6 week lead time????

Don't you have an older sg4 Sim card you can use? Get one on eBay, used mines from a nexus 5 16 GB version & an using it in my 32 GB N5 now with no problems. Returned my nexus 5 16 GB version back to BestBuy with my sg4 sim inside & it worked perfect for the week I had it until I received the 32 gig N5 from PlayStore but used the other one instead because I returned the 16 N5 with the sg4 dim still in it.

Highlighted
Master

kasper119,

Thank you for your original post.  We're just going through some older unresolved posts and we wanted to ensure that you received the card that you need for your phone.  Please let us know that You've received it and if there are any other questions or concerns regarding your device.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

I have my uicc card thank you for your concern, but I am curious if & when nexus 5 will recurve the spark update? There are already phones being sold that are spark ready... Meanwhile nexus users that bought the N5 for its obvious reasons, but especially that it is spark ready & would get the spark update, but still haven't seems like false advertisement. Can we get refunds or get the update our a date at least?

Wizard

Jonathan.Q wrote:

I have my uicc card thank you for your concern, but I am curious if & when nexus 5 will recurve the spark update? There are already phones being sold that are spark ready... Meanwhile nexus users that bought the N5 for its obvious reasons, but especially that it is spark ready & would get the spark update, but still haven't seems like false advertisement. Can we get refunds or get the update our a date at least?

Ask Google...

Journeyman

I did check Google, what is it you're trying to take your chance to seem smart? This community is to share & ask questions regardless of a persons preference for looking up information. Your reply is just plain ignorant & shows how you believe all answers are on Google *most are*, I've searched Google why don't you reply with something more constructive? Try it.

Wizard

You asked a question, I answered. Sprint isn't pushing the update, Google will, they are the only one's that know what's going on with the update.

Journeyman

Sorry, I thought you meant to look up an answer on Google. You're right, but it's seems that it's harder to get an answer from Google than sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat