cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail

Highlighted
Journeyman

Visual Voicemail

Anyone found a solution to the lack of a visual voicemail app?  The Android M dialer includes native support for it, but apparently Sprint doesn't want to cooperate (no surprise there).

I don't want to use Google Voice, so for the time being I'm just doing the voicemail the old fashioned way.  But MAN is this annoying.  It's 2016 for goodness sake.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Visual Voicemail

has visual voicemail been on ANY of the other nexus phones prior to this? im thinking it hasnt been since visual voice mail would be a carrier add on and the whole point of having a nexus phone is to be fully free of any and all carrier added stuff.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

That may be true, this is my first Nexus device, so I wasn't sure if anyone else had found an alternate solution.

That said.

The new dialer has built in support for visual voicemail, it just requires the carriers to support the feature.  T-Mobile does.  On T-Mobile the default dialer has an additional tab for voicemail. I suppose past experience says not to expect that level of customer care on Sprint though.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

dunno..but you should probably check V and ATT to see if they followed suit or not with it..might still be in the works..but it also might not be.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the problem where I want to use the old style voicemail and can not disable visual voicemail or uninstall!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Try the Youmail app. Works well enough.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat