cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Notification's

Journeyman

Voicemail Notification's

Hi

I have purchased the LG Google Nexus 5 about a month ago beginning of March, I recently started to realize that since purchasing the phone I have yet to receive one single "voice mail notification" stating I had a missed voice mail. I did some research on Google and it appears to be a wide spread issue with this phone in particular. I have contacted Sprint customer service several times. They have stated when they search their knowledge base about the Nexus 5 that when LG pushed the update for the build of KOT49H it was supposed to have resolved this issue, however It is still not resolved, I have also contacted LG directly about this specific issue and they had no Idea that it was even a problem. So basically I have paid for a phone that is half broken, and I should have been a red flag right away when I didn't even see a default voice mail app on the phone. What are you guys going to do to resolve this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Voicemail Notification's

SPUDLY1987 - Thank you for reaching out to us. We do apologize that your Nexus 5 was affected, and you are not receiving the voice mail notifications. Not every model has experienced this same issue, so we wanted to verify what troubleshooting you have performed. Have you had to factory reset your phone? Let us know, we are here to help. - Jonelle Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same issue, have done resets as well

Master

corpvet, Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll be more than happy to assist you. I see that you've already done a reset to your device. At this point, I suggest that you set an appointment at one of our service and repair centers. To locate a store and set an appointment, follow this link: http://bit.ly/1bfD15Y. Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Thanks
Brittany Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I went to store as suggested and the 2 reps working there suggested I use a 3rd party app from google playstore. #Workaround

Master

corpvet,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Sprint and Google are actively working towards a resolution. I know how difficult this can be. We value your patience here at Sprint.

*Brittney Social Care
Journeyman

This has been an issue since the phone first launched apparently. I did some research on it this past weekend so no need to lie to me about a 5 month fix for a voice mail icon. Google has their eyes on the Nexus 6 for release in August. How dumb do you think consumers are? Dumb enough to choose sprint? yes i set myself up for that

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat