cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Notification

Journeyman

Voicemail Notification

Dear Sprint

Please address the lack of voicemail notification on nexus 5 phones.

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
Master

Re: Voicemail Notification

TameYoungFerret

Thank you for posting. I'm happy to announce, a software update to KTU8AM is now available for the Google Nexus 5 (LGD820). Starting 6/3/14, until 6/9/2014 updates will roll out in batches. The Software will resolved all known issues, including the voice mail notification. In addition, the new software update provides new and cool features.

Nicole
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks but I already have the update. Unfortunately, it's still a problem.

Master

TameYoungFerret I'm sorry you're still having the same issue with the voicemail notification. This issue was fixed on the previous firmware KOT49H. Since your on the newest firmware it should have continued to work. Have you done a service update on the phone? Give it a try and let us know. Lindale Social Team
Journeyman

I bought 2 nexus 5s about 2 weeks ago. I have had both 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 and neither has had notifications working. I have updated the carrier settings as well and so far...no luck. Any other ideas?

Master

Tame YoungFerret,

Have you tried to reset the device back to factory default?

Estelisse
Social Care Team
Journeyman

I have and still the VM notification does not work. Out of curiosity...does any one have a nexus 5 on sprint with functional VM notification (without using Google voice or something similar)?

Master

TameYoungFerret

We are not aware of any voicemail notification issues going on for the Nexus 5 with the new firmware. Were you able to do the factory reset on the phone?

Lindale
Social Team
Journeyman

I did a factory reset and no success. I am not worrying about this further and instead will rely on Google Voice to handle VM.

Thank you all for your time.

Journeyman

You're not alone Tame.  I've had my N5 since October of last year and no voice mail indicator.  It's freaking stupid that something like this can't be resolved by either Sprint or Google.

RM

Journeyman

Mine works without a problem

Journeyman

I now get a text, but the voicemail indicator still doesn't light up.

Any news on visual voicemail app?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat