Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What plans will be available for the Google Play Store Nexus 5

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: What plans will be available for the Google Play Store Nexus 5

Parasys -

Good to know. Enjoy the phone and the movie.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thanks for all your help. :3

Wizard

Parasys -

Anytime. That is what I am here for.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I also want the nexus 5 and I'm planning to buy from the google play store. I currently own the htc one on sprint. Great service by the way. I was wondering that if they both use UICC cards can i use the one from my htc one on the nexus 5. So i can use both phones. Just wondering. Thats the only thing that is stopping me from buying the nexus.

Wizard

JORGE_PRZ -

That is a great question. Unfortunately, I don't have a straight answer for you. There is a possibility that the UICC card could work but I would advise having both just in case so you don't find yourself going without. Some cards are brand (HTC versus Samsung) specific and some aren't. I am not able to advise if yours would work in both phones. I am sorry.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Kitty,

Seriously?  Why is this?  If we are paying outright for our own phone (e.g. buying through the Google Play Store), we shouldn't have to pay for the phone subsidy that is included with contract plans, right?

I've been with Sprint for over 10 years, but if this is true, it may finally be a dealbreaker.

Journeyman

Hi Kitty,

What GoGayleGo and myself are trying to get at is this:

Are you seriously telling me that if I brought Sprint a phone that works on Sprint with no need for a contract (subsidy), you will not take my money in exchange for phone service? What exactly does Sprint have to lose by taking a customers money in exchange for service without the backing of a contract?  This opens your network up to existing ATT TMO VZW customers that can buy a phone, and become Sprint customer month to month.

Journeyman

Thank you for the post. This is a great question. Unfortunately, the Nexus 5 will not be available for the Sprint As You Go plans. It will need to be on either the Unlimited, My Way or  My All-In plan which does require a 2 yr contract. To clarify, if you are a new customer, you will have the contract based on the plan but your upgrade eligibility will not be effected. If  you are a current customer, neither your contract nor your upgrade eligibility will be effected if you purchase the Nexus 5 from the Google Play Store and activate it on your account. In  both instances, there will be an activation fee of $36.

I hope this clears things up for you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Would a SERO Premium plan be considered an eligible plan for the Play Store purchase of a 32GB Nexus 5 to be activated on?

Kenny

Journeyman

Wait, I was told specifically that there is no activation fee when you buy your own from google play.

Wizard

GoGayleGo -

Let me clarify, if you are current customer that purchased a Nexus 5 from the Google Play store and you activate it on your active line, your contract will not extend. The contract is only for new lines that are activated with the device. The plan contract requirement is due to the service is postpaid. One way to avoid this is by signing up for the One Up program at time of activation. The downside to this is you will not receive the discount off the plan as you will not have the installment plan.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

kenrico -

Yes. Being a SERO Premium account customer, you can purchase the 32GB Nexus 5 on the Google Play store and activate it on your account. Be sure to pick up a UICC card at a corporate store on the 8th.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

DudeType16 -

I am sorry you were provided with the incorrect information. Any new device activated on a line will have the Activation Fee unless it was previously active on a line. If I may, who told you that there wouldn't be an activation fee?

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat