cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What plans will be available for the Google Play Store Nexus 5

Journeyman

What plans will be available for the Google Play Store Nexus 5

So UICC cards will be available on Nov 8 at the local Sprint Stores, for the Play store Nexus 5. (Please note, most reps are clueless at the moment - Lots of thanks to Carlos of Sprint Community for providing cogent answers.

Does anyone know what plans / rates will be available.  I notice Sprint has some no - contract plans.  Will any of these be available, or will we have to sign up for a 2 year contract anyway?

37 REPLIES 37
Wizard

Re: What plans will be available for the Google Play Store Nexus 5

You should be able to use the phone with any current smartphone plan available with Sprint.

Your best choice is UNLIMITED DATA SPRINT AS YOU GO SMARTPHONE for $60/month

You may want to call ahead a reserve your SIM if possible or CS to have it ship to you

Journeyman

So my friend was told that only the phones they offer for the no contract plans can be used(for the no contract/as you go plans).  He was told you can not bring a unlocked Nexus 5 to Sprint on a no contract plan.  Does Sprint want monthly service fees from a new customer or not?

Journeyman

It is amazing how badly Sprint has handled this.  Last year when T-Mobile was chosen for the Nexus 4, they opened their arms to us, with special ads to sign up with T-Mobile with your unlocked phone.  They even created the $30 data plan for the Nexus 4 - I believe.   

Here at Sprint, they become partners with Google for the first time, and it is like nobody knows, and Poor Carlos is the only one with any information, and even he gets it half right.  I went to the store, and was sent away by the Sprint person who "Looked up" the Nexus 5 and told me it is only GSM,  go to T-Mobile, they do unlocked GSM phones.  I know its BS.

Anyway, after all the calls, and visiting the store, and all the pain.  I just went and got a Sim Card from T-Mobile today.  The service is OK for my Nexus 4, I am sure T-Mobile will do fine by my wife's (don't tell her it is a surprise)  new Nexus 5.

Sprint is hemorrhaging customers, but it is almost like they don't care, and they don't want anyone new. Too much trouble.

Wizard

marque2 -

Thank you for the post. This is a great question. Unfortunately, the Nexus 5 will not be available for the Sprint As You Go plans. It will need to be on either the Unlimited, My Way or My All-In plan which does require a 2 yr contract. To clarify, if you are a new customer, you will have the contract based on the plan but your upgrade eligibility will not be effected. If you are a current customer, neither your contract nor your upgrade eligibility will be effected if you purchase the Nexus 5 from the Google Play Store and activate it on your account. In both instances, there will be an activation fee of $36.

I hope this clears things up for you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thank you kitty, good to know that our plans and contracts wont be extended by activating if we are current customers.

Wizard

Parasys -

You are most welcome. Just to clarify, that is if you purchase the Nexus 5 through the Google Play store as marque2 was referring to. If you purchase through one of our corporate stores or 3rd party resellers at a discounted price, there will be a contract extension requirement.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thanks. Yes I bought mine on the Google Play Store

Wizard

Parasys -

Awesome sauce. Do you already have your UICC card as well or are you going to a corporate store to pick one up on the 8th?

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have to wait til the 8th .  My stores don't have it nor will customer care send me one. But at least I'll have my new phone for Thor 2

Wizard

Parasys -

I hear ya. Just a word of advise: Get there early. Stores will have a limited number of UICC cards. I don't want you to miss out.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yup I'll be there when they open

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat