cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is 4.4.3 going to land on my phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

When is 4.4.3 going to land on my phone

I have done the following and am attempting to determine when the New England area will be receiving the 4.4.3 Android update.

1. Went to the dialer and typed in *#*#checkin#*#* (using numbers of course) and checked in, but this did nothing

2. Did the Delete the data and stopped the Google Framework Services, but this did nothing

3. Have manually checked throughout the week since Google announced that 4.4.3 went live.

I would like to know when I am going to receive this on my Nexus 5, as I specifically purchased this phone to get updates faster than anyone else, and am disappointed to hear that other phone makers are getting the update faster than Google's flagship.

Would some user's confirm where you are and when you got the update? Could Sprint please check, and I mean seriously check, with your IT Director, and/or Google management contact, to determine when the update will arrive for Nexus 5 phones in the New Hampshire area.

Please note that canned replies from Sprint will not be tolerated or accepted. Thanks for you understanding.

Best regards,

Stephen

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

Please disregard this post. After posting this message, my phone stated update was available and now I am installing 4.4.3. I will include a screenshot if possible through my phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screenshot_2014-06-09-15-43-46.png

Highlighted
Master

girards78,

We're glad your phone started updating the software. Hope you enjoy the new software update. If you need any help, we're always here!

Sophia

Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing yet in Nashville tn still waiting

Highlighted
Master

dmas0n86,

We're sorry you haven't receive it yet. Software updates are sent out in random phrases, so the system doesn't have an overload while people are updating their phones. We appreciate and thank you for your patience.

Sophia

Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Nashville,Tn still no update

Highlighted
Master

dmas0n86 - Thank you for posting. Can you please explain what update you're referring to? Let us know, we want to help. - Kayan Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus 5 4.4.3

Highlighted

Location has nothing to do with getting the update. It is sent out randomly by serial number from Google. If your phone checks in and the serial number isn't in the current list then you won't be eligible for the update until the next batch in 24 hours....no matter how many times you try to force your phone to check. Clearing the Google services framework can cause issues and shouldn't be done. Google has posted how updates work and why the framework shouldn't be cleared. It is posted on many different sites.

Highlighted

And to add...the process of checking in will repeat every 24 hours until your phone is on the list for the update at which time you will be notified you have an update available.

Highlighted
Master

Thanks for the assist, coasterphotos, your information is absolutely correct.  I'm super anxious for the update on my Note2, especially since a friend with the same phone activated at almost the same time already got his.  But, I know how it goes and it'll happen when it happens.  Your advice is also very sound, it's unwise to make changes to the framework or anything else, really, trying to force it.

*goes back to twiddling her thumbs too*

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat