cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

The Sprint Visual Voicemail is NOT a Google app, therefore it's not included on the Google phone. It might not be official bloatware but it's not apart of stock Android either.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No one said it had to be preinstalled. Just that they need to provide the app. It is not bloatware if you have the option. Even if it was installed having the app to correctly access your voicemail isn't bloat ware.

Your logic against providing it could be taken to the extreme requiring phones to be locked down to stop you from installing apps.

We are paying for phone service which includes voicemail. The current work around to of forwarding your voicemall to another companies service is unacceptable. We are paying for this service and app from sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would suggest syncing your number with Google Voice.  That will give you visual voicemail and allow you to send texts and check voicemails from any device logged in.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Voice is not an option for all.

And I highly doubt Sprint's resolution for no VVM is to get a Google Voice number.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just pointing out why VVM app isn't included with the phone.

I think Sprint wasn't prepared for the N5 (their first major unlocked phone) and this was over looked. I also think it's a simple fix on their part to allow us to use VVM.

I really could use the app...really really. But if that's the only downside to owning the N5, I'll take the phone over the VVM.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree. Sprint hasn't thought this out and wasnt prepared for the nexus 5. The App doesn't have to be included. But Sprint should have had an app that worked with their voice mail available to us. Forwarding all of our calls to some third party voicemail box ( google voice or PF VoiceMail for examples) is not what we were expecting.

I would hope that they have this fixed this week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone know what the other carriers are going with this problem? I just switched phones and until I got a voice mail I didn't even think how to get it. I love the Sprint Visual VM. If they put it on the Android store it would show how Much they care about keeping customers happy.

Journeyman

I have friends on ATT and TMobile and they don't have these issues, I even tried using Google Voice visual voicemail only and it didn't work, when goes to part where I'm suppose to dial *28...... Number it tells me its an invalid code or something like that... So... I'm hoping for Sprint VVM in play store ...

Highlighted

The Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus didn't have a VVM app either so this is nothing new to the Nexus 5. I used Google Voice on the Galaxy Nexus and now on the Nexus 5 and don't have any issues with it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK So I installed Google Voice and set it up only to handle my voicemail only.  I suspect that Sprint was doing nothing more than using Google Voice to an extent, because when I installed Google Voice and set it up on my phone my Old Voicemail greeting was the greeting that I had.  I had never used GV before on any of my old phones and when I set up my Nexus 5 I used  the system standard.  (I could be and most likely am wrong about this theory, just found it odd that the greeting was my old one from my old phone when I just used Sprint VMM app before) If Sprint will not make a Stand Alone app for us Nexus 5 users than that is just horrible customer service.  Google Voice does work and I will use that.

Highlighted
Wizard

Not so fast Sam-I-Am

Visual Voice Mail application is a standard app. User can un-install it from Sprint phones. I don't think it's a bloatware.

May be it's time to give the developers a Nexus device & the feedback they need to fix the application. Users should be able to install Sprint applications they like

It costs me the same to have my line with T-Mobile or Sprint and I am not moving my line back for now until this issue is fixed

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love having to use google voice. Especially sence it has been announced that they have built a back door into their system for NSA and no privacy is guaranteed. It so nice to make it easy on our government.

I have two other lines that need upgrading and there is no reason to keep them on sprint..

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat