cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

I dont want to use google voice. Why should I have to forward my voicemail to a third party provider. Its an very unacceptable option.  I That sprint refuses to respond shows a very bad customer service

Highlighted
Journeyman

This might get deleted but i am going to give this a shot.   Have you considered going to the developers at XDA and seeing if they have that apk pulled and usable on the nexus 5??  I dont mean to sound mean but researching a phone before you buy is always best and if you want the new "in" thing still research it first.  This is one reason why some carriers might not want to carry the nexus device because people jump into the deep pool before learning about the device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

dfp123 wrote:

I dont want to use google voice. Why should I have to forward my voicemail to a third party provider. Its an very unacceptable option.  I That sprint refuses to respond shows a very bad customer service

Because you selected a Nexus device where Sprint doesn't control the applications loaded on the phone.

This is the reason that other users actually select the Nexus device. Your only option right now is to use the Google voice app.

Highlighted
Master

JoeyJoeyJoey,

Thank you for the feedback JoeyJoeyJoey. You are correct regarding the loaded apps on the phone.  Nexus devices are Google phones and using Google voice on that device is not really a deviation and doesn't require using an unaffiliated third party app as both the device software and the app are from the same company.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Voice would be acceptable, except that you have to forward you voice mail to a third party. In my opinion thats is worse than using a third party app.  Also for some of your customers thay aren't able to forward  their voice mail because of where they live.

And since its not preinstalled Google Voice is the same as having to install another companies app. Google is carefull about keeping its lines of business separate

Master

dfp123,

Thank you for the reply.  I hear where you are coming from and respect your opinion but in this case the manufacturer of the device and the producer of the App are the same company and while Google may not be as strict about their functions running in tandom as other companies (Apple) the product lines were designed and configured to work together as Google Voice works with the device models of all carriers and is not exclusive to the Sprint network.

Do you live in an area where you can't have voicemails forwarded?  Are you affected by this?  If so, let us know so we may see about a creative solution for you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do not want my voicemail on google voice. Unless you are going to give us all a discount for a service we paid for,

Highlighted

Where do you see that you are being charged for visual voicemail or even where it says it is included with your service?

Highlighted
Journeyman

dfp123 wrote:

I do not want my voicemail on google voice. Unless you are going to give us all a discount for a service we paid for,

You have choices.

1) dial the voicemail to retrieve the message

2) use google voice

3) sell/swap your phone

4) use a thirdparty voicemail app

5) send me your nexus5 and I will send you an s3 

Highlighted
Master

dfp123, 

I understand. Regular voicemail is included on your plan and can be accessed via your phone by calling your own number. 

Dania

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is not Sprints fault you didn't research what a nexus phone meant. It's pure Google aka no carrier apps that's what is nice about then.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Smurfintruck, its not my fault you can't read a thread.    I did research the phone. Not once did I say that the app should be included on the phone. Just that the app should exist and  if you did your research you would find that Sprint has disabled the app from their end.  So you couldn't use the semi working current version of it.

Without forwarding you v-mail to another service your pretty limited on what you can do for voice mail apps. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat