Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

I have bought the Nexus 5 from the Google Playstore and I love it.  The only thing I wish I had was Sprint Visual Voicemail.  I have found a number of .apk files on the internet and none of them seem to work.  So will Sprint Officially offer this app for us Nexus 5 users?

92 REPLIES 92
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

Would like to know this as well as VM notification on Sprint is not working at all right now.

The only way I know I have a VM is if I reboot my phone....then the notification pops up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

jeffvb99999, Do you have LTE in your area?  I have read that in some areas that when connected to LTE the phone doesn't handle phone and text messages properly. (Voicemail Icon would be part of text message)  I do not have LTE in my area yet so When I get a voicemail the voicemail icon appears like it should. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes.  I'm in Overland Park where the Sprint World HQ are.  You'd think speeds would be faster here but just tested and getting 5.7 download and barely 1 upload.

It appears as it should for me but only after I reboot the phone...

Highlighted
Journeyman

It would be nice to get an official word from Sprint on this. Voicemail is a pretty important feature on any phone. Not having reliable voicemail is a big deal.

Highlighted
Wizard

The is good to know. I am moving my line back to Sprint in the next 6 weeks.

I remember that VVM was a pain when running AOSP rom on original EVO 4G.

I am using the Nexus 5 on prepaid T-Mobile now and no problem with their VVM app. I hope Sprint takes care of this soon because this will make the Nexus experience sour for a lot of users.

Highlighted
Wizard

Jason0024,

I hear ya, and understand where you are coming from. From my understanding the Visual Voicemail is considered Sprint bloat ware, and that is the reason it is not included in your phone. Have you tried Google Voice? They have an amazing voicemail system including visual voicemail. Please keep me posted and if you have any questions!

Thanks!
Samantha
Sprint Social Care Team
Tuesday-Saturday 1-10pm mst.

Highlighted
Wizard

jeffvb99999,

Oh no! Notifications are very important for voicemail! I also had a problem getting notifications with voicemail. Now I don’t have a Nexus5, but I do have an android. I am not 100% sure if this will work, but try going into Settings>Application manager>Voicemail>Check notifications.  Please keep me posted and if I need to keep searching for an answer!

Thanks!
Samantha
Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

Th3Phoenix,

I look forward to having you come back to Sprint! If you have questions or concerns, I’m here to help you also!

Thanks!
Samantha
Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the Reply, but Why Wont Sprint Offer a Stand Alone App in the Google Play Store?  I shouldn't have to use Google Voice to get Visual Voicemail.  All other Carriers offer this  App in the Play Store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I grabbed the voicemail app off my Note 2 and it does not work on the N5.

Finding the app isn't very hard. Getting it to work is.

So the answer I'd really like to hear from Sprint is, why won't the voicemail.apk app work on the N5 and does Sprint ever plan on provisioning the VM service to work with the app on the N5?

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Voicemail application isn't not considered bloatware. It is a nessicary app/ Switching over to google voice and routing my phone throw it is not acceptable.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat