Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

Google voice doesn't have a back door for the NSA.  In fact, they have been increasing their encryption efforts to prevent such things from happening.

Also, by choosing a nexus device, you are choosing to get a pure a android experience from Google, which means no extra software preloaded by anyone but Google.  Google doesn't have access to Sprint's software.  Moreover, it would so being a nexus device if it did.  The LG G2 is almost  identical to the nexus.  Get that  instead.

Highlighted

Sprint VVM comes pre-installed on Sprint phones and cannot be removed. The fact just installing the apk on a phone that doesn't have it doesn't work means there is more to it than just that apk. And since Sprint has nothing to do with the software on the Nexus series, there is no VVM on them. This has been the case since 2011 and probably not likely they'll develop an app for a phone that has relatively low sales. Several other Sprint applications don't work on the Nexus series phones either. If you want Sprint apps, you need to buy a Sprint branded phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe you should think it over. AA&T has a VVM you can download and use. Also 3rd party apps out there. So you are saying all app developers can do it as long as you don't work for Sprint. What this is all about is customer service. Sprint is low on caring on people spending thousands of dollars a year unless you pay extra and buy your phone from them. On the note they don't care you just get one more app on you phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok so this is my latest update, i cant get any of the visual voice mail services to work on my phone, tried google voice, tried youmail with same results, basically i get to the point where i have to dial *28...... to forward but all i get is error code, i tried contacting Sprint but CS told me they dont support 3rd part apps... This is not a 3rd party app issue, this is conditional forwarding issue...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I purchased my phone from sprint.  I can see where a sprint voicemail app isn't preinstalled. Included in my contract with sprint is voicemail. There solution of having no voicemail app that works with their service is to not use the voicemail I am paying for.

Highlighted

dfp123 wrote:

I purchased my phone from sprint.  I can see where a sprint voicemail app isn't preinstalled. Included in my contract with sprint is voicemail. There solution of having no voicemail app that works with their service is to not use the voicemail I am paying for.

You still have voicemail. Not all phones have an app and back a few years ago, there was no app period on any phone. Voicemail will work the same way it has for years before a app existed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This way of working isn't acceptable by anyone that uses a cell phone. and sprint is telling people to switch to google voice to work around it.  This is unacceptable .  

Highlighted

Then you should have done some research and bought a different phone. None of the Nexus phones on Sprint have had VVM. The Nexus S released in 2011, or the Galaxy Nexus released in 2012. If you want VVM, unless Sprint decides to make an app available for download, you need to buy a Sprint branded phone as they will come with the app.

You can still get your voicemail so you are still getting what you pay for. And Google Voice works just fine.

As far as other carriers having apps available...Verizon charges you $2.99 a month extra for visual voicemail and AT&T requires an LTE data plan with Visual Voicemail add-on. And the T-Mobile app doesn't currently work on the Nexus 5 and there are a bunch of workarounds to get the AT&T app to work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What you posted sounds right, but your saying if you buy a Sprint phone from Sprint store you get VVM. So Nexus 5 is on the Sprint store. So I think you missed just that one part. Also as you said all the other carriers other then Sprint you can get VMM. So your last comment being nice is that Sprint doesn't care about their users and would like to see them leave to ATT or Verizon for a good customer services and a company that supports their clients.

Got it. Leave Sprint. Sounds good to me. I think Sprint has horrible coverage also. I can't get it almost anywhere and my son on ATT has not problems.

Highlighted

I said nothing about buying a Sprint phone from the Sprint store. I said a Sprint branded phone...as in one that says Sprint on it and in nearly if not every case displays the Sprint logo when you turn it on. The Nexus series are Google branded phones and come with no carrier software.

Yes, other carriers have VVM apps to download but also charge extra for the service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Other vendors charge you differently for a lot of things. WHats that got to do with anything. Voicemall is included in our plan, an app that works with it should also be available.  It doesn't have to be the pretty visual voice mail app.

Highlighted

dfp123 wrote:

Other vendors charge you differently for a lot of things. WHats that got to do with anything. Voicemall is included in our plan, an app that works with it should also be available.  It doesn't have to be the pretty visual voice mail app.

What other kind of app is there? My point was that the other providers charge extra for an app. Yes, voicemail is included in our plan and you can access it by calling it.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat