ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

Master

Re: Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

wind1,

Thank you for your post regarding voicemail applications and your Nexus 5.  We wanted to follow up and see if you were still having issues with the Google voice configuration.  In this thread we see where you were concerned about Google Voice as an additional app on the phone, is that still a concern of yours?  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Master

RaulTech,

Thank you for your post regarding the voicemail options for the Nexus 5.  We see that you posted quite a bit about the subject and have not contributed since Novemeber.  We wanted to follow up and see if you were still satisfied with the options available on triband devices.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

Michael, will Sprint ever provide a non-GoogleVoice solution for the Nexus5?

Journeyman

My problem with Google Voice is that all too often my incoming callers get the "We could not complete your call, please try again" and it hangs up on them.

Some of my customers thought I went out of business.   Not good!

This has been happening over the course of about 3 years.  Then it clears up and works for months at a time.

Now I've tried to do the Sprint Integration with GV...and when I make an outgoing call now it takes about 10 seconds to hear the first ring.

Master

coasterphotos,

Thanks for all the advice. Great feedback, At this time, Unfortunately, when it comes to phones like the Nexus,some apps get left behind due to how the device is getting released. Through Google, similar to the Moto x through the Moto-maker site. Sprint does not control these devices. I'm sure third party apps will assist in getting access to VVM .

Victor

Sprint Social Care 

Master

BgDuggr33

Sorry for the delay. There may be an alternate solution for concerns you may have. Are you having specific concerns with google voice? Or When you are not using google voice? Let us know.

Erica
Sprint Social Care
Master

BLA21NL0W:

That is odd indeed. I too use GoogleVoice and have not noticed a delay or lag when placing outgoing calls and unfortunately have never had anyone tell me they received that error message (although at times I wish it did). I do see how this can be both frustrating and frightening when it is one of your main business contact numbers. Have you been in contact with Google to see what, if any, know issues they are aware of?

Also, I'd like to look at your current location to make sure there isn't anything going on with the towers that may be contributing to the issue you are having. Please provide your zip code, two cross streets and let su know if you have the device set to CDMA, LTE or something else under Network Settings.

Jon H.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Google Voice works fine. As a long time Sprint customer, I just did not expect to have to install and use a 3rd party app for voice mail on a phone I purchased at a Sprint store. I don't like Google being involved in my private information.

Master

BgDuggr33,

We truly appreciate your feedback in regards to this matter. Just to clarify, is your device fully up to date with its operating system? If not, have you updated everything to see if it corrects this issue? Please let us know.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

My Nexus 5 is up to date. Why? No one else seems to be getting a non-GoogleVoice solution.  I'm okay for now, I don't get that many voicemails. It was just an unexpected inconvenience to have to use Google Voice, and I prefer to not have them involved in my personal life.   Anyway, WILL there be a true Sprint visual voicemail solution in a future software update for this phone?

Journeyman

Why is everyone expecting Sprint to offer an app for a phone they don't control???  The only thing they did control is the fact they let it on there network.  This a pure GOOGLE phone.  The VVM app as pointed out by another is made by someone else and as that person also pointed out will work on 4.4 devices.  This is why we can't have Nexus phones to many take the leap without truely knowing what it means to be on a pure google device.  AKA No carrier bloatware phone.  So any preinstalled carrier apps will not be there unless you get the apk from say xda-developers or the likes and side load it on your device.  Even then it might not work fully because the Nexus is not a Sprint controlled phone so dont expect Sprint to jump and move mountains to get it working on this kind of device.if you like carrier apps get a "Sprint controlled" phone.  Like it has also been stated Sprint worked with Google to integrate Google Voice.

Journeyman

""Why is everyone expecting Sprint to offer an app for a phone they don't control???  The only thing they did control is the fact they let it on there network.""

Easy there, paid Sprint fanboy!  I've been with Sprint for 8 years, and this is the first time I've needed to configure a VM app, and have an outside company have access to my messages.

WHY should they... 1) They didn't "let it on their network", they SOLD it in their store, 2) they charged me $50 MORE than Google's list price, and 3) a $35 upgrade fee.

So yes, think we're entitled to a non-Google VM solution. You'll notice I haven't screamed 'want it now,' or 'I've been screwed' or anything like that. Okay if it takes time... still think they should provide their own app.   Now settle down.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat