ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint off a Visual Voicemail.apk for the Nexus 5?

I have been on the phone with Level 1 and Level 2 tech support w/ sprint and haven't made much progress

And as far as Google Voice goes, I'm done with it.  For two days I couldn't get any incoming phone calls or texts.  It wasn't until I saw a friend in person when he notified me that he couldn't call me

I wonder how many customers of mine had the same problem

With my friend sitting right next to me, he called my cell....right to voicemail - SPRINT VOICEMAIL.  How could that even be possible when I had the full Google Voice integration setup?

I can't play these games with my business phone.  So I have since signed up with YouMail.  It's not bad, I even bought the $5/month plan.

I am very disappointed with my Nexus 5.  My "upgrade" has been a downgrade.  I have to PAY for visual voicemail and keep my phone on 3G otherwise there's times I can't answer an incoming phone call - the phone literally rings and rings until I have to power it off. 

Journeyman

BLA21NL0W wrote:

I have been on the phone with Level 1 and Level 2 tech support w/ sprint and haven't made much progress

And as far as Google Voice goes, I'm done with it.  For two days I couldn't get any incoming phone calls or texts.  It wasn't until I saw a friend in person when he notified me that he couldn't call me

I wonder how many customers of mine had the same problem

With my friend sitting right next to me, he called my cell....right to voicemail - SPRINT VOICEMAIL.  How could that even be possible when I had the full Google Voice integration setup?

I can't play these games with my business phone.  So I have since signed up with YouMail.  It's not bad, I even bought the $5/month plan.

I am very disappointed with my Nexus 5.  My "upgrade" has been a downgrade.  I have to PAY for visual voicemail and keep my phone on 3G otherwise there's times I can't answer an incoming phone call - the phone literally rings and rings until I have to power it off.

On the first settings page, make sure that the option that reads "Voicemail display - view and play voicemails from the phone log" is NOT CHECKED, important settings, otherwise you will never see any notifications.

Not sure why you are having issues. I have zero.

You might want unmerge the google voice from your cell number and select a 2nd google voice number, but still use the google voice app.

Not sure why people here are complaining about the app or that you need an app, they should buy a non-Nexus phone if they want all the bloatware that gets shoved on a phone.

Get an iPhone, they are made for people who are less technically capable.

Master

SmurfinTurck2011,

Thanks for posting. We're simply responding to everyone whom post comments and concerns on this thread. We want to ensure that everyone's concerns are addressed. Please keep us posted and let us know how we may best assist you.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

BgDuggr33,

Thanks for posting. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this matter may have caused you. We will be posting an alternative solution as soon as one becomes available.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

BLA21NLOW,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that you've been experiencing the inability to receive incoming calls and text. Just to be clear, has the issues with your friends inability to contact subsided?  We're standing by to assist you if this problem is ongoing.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Not really.

at 2PM eastern, my phone is sitting on my desk and I get an alert to a voicemail.

The phone never rang. 

Master

JoeyJoeyJoey,

Thanks for posting for providing some solutions to help remedy some issues that are posted in this thread. Please keep us posted should you have any questions about any of our products and service.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

BLA21NL0W

I see. Did you happen to notice what signal strength you had at that time? Do you notice any changes in service quality in different areas?

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

So i take it that everyone is giving up and switching from Sprint?

How to assest the people on this thread is simple. 1) get voicemail notifications to work  2) provide us with a voicemail App 3) do tell us to go to google voice, people are having issues with it

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat