cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is your nexus 5 working perfectly as it should weather if it's 32 GB's or 16 GB'S?

Master

Re: is your nexus 5 working perfectly as it should weather if it's 32 GB's or 16 GB'S?

Hey Jonathan.Q,

Thanks for all of your posts.

If you can provide your cross streets and zip code, we can find a proper update on Spark in your area. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Re: is your nexus 5 working perfectly as it should weather if it's 32 GB's or 16 GB'S?

Hey thanks for asking, I received a text message from Sprint that the new spark network is active in my vicinity & was offered a prorated phone to upgrade to a triband spark phone... The thing is I have the nexus 5 & have all three lte bands active so that it can pick up spark but honestly I haven't seen any improvements & I might wait until sprint or Google I'm assuming has to send the spark upgrade. Regardless I've noticed something that's really bad, the switchback from voice to lte is do slow that instead of going to sprints voice 800 MHz channel it goes to roaming instead because the delay takes so long the phone thinks that there is no sprint network around, but after about 2 seconds after switching to roaming it goes to sprints 3G voice band. Then when I end the call it would take from 3 to 6 seconds to switch back to lte... This is strange because things worked so smooth & switchback's were instance as if on standby, is even say less than half a second it would switch from voice to lte but now it's plain & simply extremely useless to the point where I resource calls but are sent to voicemail or they hangup & I believe it has to do with the switching being so slow. I'll use my nexus 5 with my T-Mobile service & buy the HTC one 2 for sprint & hope that it was just my phone & that the HTC one 2 works just as good as my nexus 5 did in the beginning.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry I forgot to put in my cross st & zip code. The cross street is only 50 ft from my building exit... It's kent ave & north 6 st, zip # 11249. Thanks

Master

Thanks for the update Jonathan.Q

I am not seeing any LTE upgrades to this tower as of yet, there are other towers in the area running off LTE but not the one nearest your location unfortunately. We are upgrading new towers still and we will be working our way to this location soon!

Krishel
Social Care
Master

Jonathan.Q,

Thanks for the reply. Although some towers have been upgraded, there are still many awaiting upgrades. Have you done an update on you device? I took a look at the towers servicing your area and did see a dip in performance and has been reported to network technicians.

Crystal
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat