cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outgoing calls not working

Journeyman

outgoing calls not working

I use a nexus 5 device bought from Sprint.I was travelling abroad and was using a local GSM SIM. when i got back to US, my phone could connect to data (3G/4G) and SMS. I could also receive calls, but i can't make outgoing calls.

when I try to make a call, the phone tries to dial the number for about a minute, then it say "out of service area" and looses connection with Sprint network. I can re-connect SMS and data only after a few more minutes.

After visiting three sprint stores, taking with countless sprint customer care agents over phone and chat, I still have no solution to the problem after 7 days.

The phone support agents ask me to go to a store, and the people at Sprint stores ask me to call the help center. finally at one Sprint store, I was told I need a replacement device and was told I have to pay $75 for the replacement. (My phone is still within warranty period)

Someone from Sprint please help me to fix my phone...

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
Master

Re: outgoing calls not working

Brisigr

Hi there. Sorry for the delayed response. So, you put the Sprint CDMA SIM back in the phone and can't make outgoing calls. Correct? If you were using another GSM SIM for international use, did you ever get a CDMA SIM from Sprint? I know I'm probably asking obvious questions, but if the SIM is not loaded correctly in the system, or if you have the wrong SIM in the phone then the phone won't work properly. If the SIM is good, have you tried a master reset or the *#*#72786#*#* programming reset?

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My Nexus 5 came with a SIM inside it. (I believe the sim is only for data though because i could make calls with the SIM out)

And after I got back to US I tried  putting back the SIM several times.

The Sprint customer care agents I spoke with trie running various *#*#xxx#*#* codes to no avail

Master

Brisigr, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, this is an easy fix, please send me a private message. Follow this link with details http://bit.ly/1qQty1X I will be able to give you the steps needed to reconnect your services back on the Sprint network.
- Saul
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Saul,

I submitted my info at the provided link. I got an email alert of a new message but I an error pops up when I try to read the message.

I hope you would help me to resolve this issue quickly. I had to live without my phone for about nine days now. If I can't resolve this in the next few days, I will have to switch to some other service.

Thanks

Master

Brisigr,

We're happy to help with this. Please respond to the private message Laura sent so we can get started with this.

Thank you,
Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello,

I I've mentioned in my previous post, I can't access the private massage you sent. I get the following error.

"An unexpected error has occurred"

Master

Hello Brisigr,

Can you go to a computer to talk to us? Turning the phone on and off regularly helps refresh the network connection and allows software and network updates to take place so please try that. Let us know if that works.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the same exact issue.

My Nexus 5 is running 4.4.4, and I just left AT&T on Saturday. I left the Store with this issue because I was there already for over an hour and was confident it could/would resolve itself given time to communicate with the network.

(obviously hasn't happened)

Same issue, calls in, data in & out is good, when trying to place a call, the service type (LTE / 3G) first go away, but there are still bars; THEN the bar becomes an empty triangle indicating no service, finally, it drops saying "out of service area" and it takes a while to get back on data.

Journeyman

I talked with various Sprint support technicians. But they could not solve the issue. They finally offered to replace the phone if I paid $70, which I did. But I still feel that I paid unnecessarily as I am sure this is just a software settings issue.

Master

Hello Paul-AB,

Do you a Sprint account or an AT&T account? I noticed that you mentioned you left an AT&T store and I wanted to make sure.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Master

Brisigr,
Since you are not able to email us. Let's try email. Please follow this link http://bit.ly/1lCgRpq. Once we receive the email we can see what we can do.
Rayon
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat