cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uicc / sim card shortage? where to get one now?

Journeyman

Re: uicc / sim card shortage? where to get one now?

I resorted to requesting by chat due to inconsistent experiences I have had in the past with stores.  It was placed on 11/3 and this morning on 11th, it shows that it was processed.. although it doesn't show tracking #... I am hopeful it will arrive this week.

Highlighted

ouroborosatx

I understand your frustration.

If unable to obtain a SIM/UICC from the store, you can reach out to our international department. Chat with them here, Live Chat

Please let me know if further assistance is needed.

Zena

Social Care Team

Journeyman

I did end up going to international support they put in an order last friday, and there is still no update what so ever on the status.  They tell me they are still out of stock and that I may have to wait ANOTHER 10 days?

Seriously Sprint I'm just about to switch to TMobile.  I could literally walk downstairs into a store and have a working phone in an hour.

Wizard

ouroborosatx,

Thanks for posting. I sincerely apologize for the delay as we recently received a memo indicating UICC SIM cards were on back order. Do you have a copy of your confirmation number? If so, you may simply track the status of your order by visiting www.sprint.com/myorder. Rest assured we're working to replenish inventory levels as quickly as possible. We sincerely appreciate your patience.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

epicproportion2,

Thanks for posting. I'm simply following up with you to see if you've gotten any updates on the status of your UICC SIM card. Keep us posted and let us know if this item has been shipped.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Re: uicc / sim card shortage?  where to get one now?

Carlos helped me several days ago to put a UICC sim card order through (after being stuck in limbo since 11/3).  By the time it went through, he mentioned that it was on back order.

I am checking the order status page daily and it doesn't show any changes to status yet.

As of Nov. 17. No change to status. Still rocking the Wimax epic 4g. The hardware keyboard has its merits...

Journeyman

I have an order in from 11/4 and it still hasnt updated it's status.  How is it possible that sprint is having such a hard time obtaining sims when other retail outlets [i.e. BestBuy] have many in stock for sprint?

Journeyman

Guess it comes down to priorities.  We are likely a small tiny fraction of their customer base... and perhaps not worth the effort.

Journeyman

Just started perusing ebay and saw that part of the reason for the shortage may be that some stores are hoarding them to sell:

Sprint 4G LTE ICC Micro Sim Card Clean ESN Activate w HTC One and Galaxy S4 | eBay

Journeyman

why doesn't that surprise me in the slightest?

Journeyman

If I were to order a Nexus 5 from Sprint today would they send me a SIM card? How is it that you stock them for new phones but all of us are seen as not worthy to help? I've been waiting weeks for a SIM card. I was even given a shipping number that SPRINT tells me is the SIM card and shipped, but UPS says that all they have is a shipping label that was printed but SPRINT has not put the package in the mail yet.

How long are we supposed to wait for SIM cards? This is completely unacceptable service.

If you buy the Nexus 5 directly from Sprint (or for Sprint through Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc) it comes with the SIM card preinstalled.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat