cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uicc / sim card shortage? where to get one now?

Highlighted
Journeyman

uicc / sim card shortage? where to get one now?

I've been calling and going to corporate stores all over austin trying to get my phone activated stating what has been told on these forums. Nobody has been willing to help and keep saying launch isn't until Friday. Even then employees can't guarantee they will have any cards. I've also tried to order online through chat and have been going through numerous calls and chat and ended being told there's a backorder of 10-15 days! Now where can one get one ASAP? 10-15 days is totally unacceptable.

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: uicc / sim card shortage? where to get one now?

kamikrzy,

Thanks for the post. As of right now there is going to be a slight shortage on UICC cards. You can try contacting our Sprint world wide dept at www.sprint.com/international, you may also use the sim from a Iphone , Ipad, and some Samsung devices. This is on top of contacting your local stores.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Victor, I have been searching for these everywhere. I've found stock only at best buy, which is odd because corporate repair stores should have these in stock in case someone comes in with an issue. Why are they unable to order me and have it expedited i needed one? The stores i've called or went to have not had these in stock all week and maybe even longer. I don't mind calling these stores every single day but i doubt they would appreciate my unnecessary calls.

If stores are supposed to have these in stock, please announce it. If i'm to wait 10-15 days for it to be in stock, plus an additional 2-5 days to ship. I feel like this is a burden on the customer because that's almost 20 days in total of waiting.

I thank you for your suggestion about Ipad and other phones, unfortunately i do not have these. I do have a question for you, the sprint stores have sims in there display phones. Going along with your logic, would they be able to give me a sim from one of the display phones? Please let me know and i'd be happy to go in ASAP.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Victor

I don't understand this "shortage". Thousands of phones get activated everyday yet there is a shortage of UICC Sim cards? Every damn store I called has none in stock, I asked for SGS4 or HTC One sim cards since they work on Nexus 5 and they don't have those either. But if I come in and want to get a brand new SGS4 or HTC One they have no problems activating one huh? Same online its backordered but I can order an SGS4 and it will have a Sim card on it right?

Seems to me customers who choose to but their own phones without subsidy are making to jump through hoops, but any new customer who wants to activate a service can readily get a phone with sim cards on them.

Highlighted
Wizard

kamikrzy,

Thanks for replying. As for getting a SIM out of a display phone you'd actually need to contact the store to see if that is an option. Additionally, customer have reached out to our international department by using the chat option and they are able to order a SIM for them. To reach an agent via chat, please visit www.sprint.com/chat. I agree contacting the store daily to determine if they have any SIM cards in stock would be an absolute burden. Having one ordered will be the best and quickest way to resolve this matter.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

Azkal,

Thanks for replying. If a new device is in stock it will absolutely have the UICC SIM card already in the box. I understand your frustration and I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. Have you reached out to our International Team via Chat? If not, feel free to visit www.sprint.com/chat to request a UICC SIM to be ordered. Please share with us the outcome.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks some of my persistence paid off. I did another round of calls today and a store had them anf happily handed it over.

It would be nice of sprint to mention which card is back ordered so people can order the other uicc which isn't.

Highlighted
Wizard

kamikrzy,

Thanks for posting. I am glad that you're reporting obtaining the card required to activated you device. I apologize for the delay in receiving the UICC SIM card and for any inconveniences you've endured. Thanks for the suggestion regarding mentioning which cards are on back order. Keep us posted should you have any additional issues.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

What store did you find that actually had one for you?  I've tried 3 or 4 and none of them have been any help

Highlighted
Journeyman

The store in south austin by the 35 and slaughter. I overheard them saying they had maybe 5?

Highlighted
Wizard

ourborosatx,

Thanks for posting. I have my fingers crossed  that you'll be able to find a location that has the UICC SIM cards. Feel free to find a store nearby by visiting www.sprint.com/storelocator. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called 4 stores including the one mentioned on i35& slaughter.  None of them have them or are willing to give one.   Needless to say this is really frustrating

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat