cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5x and 6p

Sort by:
What is a SIM card? A SIM (Subscriber Identification Module) card is a specially programmed microchip that stores network identification data. It identifies the user to the network. You'll need one that identifies you to the Sprint network in order to bring your own device. How do I know what type of SIM card to use? We'll help you select the right one. Simply bring in your device to any Sprint store and we'll help you select the right plan and activate your phone with the new SIM card. Where can I get a SIM card and activate my device? Please visit a Sprint store near you. Do I need to change my data connection settings? No. Your device will activate with all applicable Sprint settings during the activation and provisioning process. How do I know if my device is eligible? Visit a Sprint store near you to check if your device is eligible. What is domestic unlocking? Will my device need to be unlocked and will it affect my Sprint network experience? Your old carrier will have to domestically unlock your Apple devices before you can bring them to Sprint. Nexus 5 and Moto X Pure Edition devices are already domestically unlocked. Nexus 6 is already domestically unlocked—with the exception of Nexus 6 devices on AT&T.  A domestic SIM unlock allows you to insert a Sprint SIM card into your device and attempt to activate it on the Sprint network. Unlocking your device will not necessarily make it interoperable with the Sprint network. In other words, a device designed for one network is not compatible with another network merely by unlocking it. Additionally, unlocking a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g. an unlocked device may support voice services but data services may not work or may be limited when activated on the Sprint network). Visit a Sprint store to check your device's compatibility. Why isn't my device eligible? Nexus 5x and Nexus 6p should be fully inter operable with the Sprint network.. Can I bring my own device and select a Sprint Prepaid plan? No. Bring your own device is only compatible with the postpaid plans we currently sell for consumers and business (excluding the Cut your Rate Plan in Half offer). What plans are available when I bring my own device? You can choose from the postpaid plans we currently sell for consumers and business (excluding the Cut your Rate Plan in Half offer). Why do you need my device's IMEI number? The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is a 15-digit serial number that identifies your wireless device. It is important to have the correct IMEI number for your device registered with Sprint to ensure that your device can be activated on our network.
View full article
Community News

Community News

Aaargh! Subscribe to the Captain's Log to find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.