cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Nexus 6 Final Impressions - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

I have been using the Nexus 6 as my daily driver for a few months now, and can honestly report that the Nexus 6 is my favorite device to date. Typically the way it goes is that the latest and greatest device is your favorite, as I am well aware of this phenomena. However, since I have had the Nexus 6, I have used other new, stellar iconic devices as well, and the Nexus 6 is still my favorite.

I have always been a fan of Motorola, way back to my Nextel days using the Motorola PTT devices. Fast forward to this decade, Motorola still is solid and does not let down. The Motorola Nexus 6 has a 6 inch AMOLED Quad HD display and is 6.2 inches in length. It is a great size and makes it very enjoyable to view media content on the device. In the past, I never would watch Netflix on my device as the screen was too small, but with this Nexus 6, watching Netflix is a pleasure. Of course, I don’t use it to replace my tv, but it is a great solution for viewing content when I have some down time and am by myself.

The other benefit of the Nexus 6 is that it runs a clean vanilla version of Android, without any bloatware or manufacturer UI atop it. It runs Android as it was meant to run. Also, it will receive the updates prior to any other devices. Being a geek, this is pretty important to me, as I enjoy using the latest and greatest and am one to install alphas and betas with any chance I get, so having the latest version of Android is a joy.

Nexus6-2.png

The sound on this device is fantastic, btw. To me, it is comparable to the speakers of the HTC One product lineup. It is pretty impressive.

The device does not allow for memory card expansion. I was a bit concerned about this, but have not encountered any issues with lack of storage space. I have downloaded many hours of music to my device, have taken plenty of pictures and videos, and still have enough space.  I do use cloud storage as well with Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, Flickr, etc. Lack of storage space truly has not been an issue, and I am a power user.

Speed wise, the Nexus 6 performs. It has a 2.7 Ghz quad core qualcomm snapdragon processor with 3GB of RAM. I have compared this with several octacore devices and haven’t noticed any speed differences where the Nexus 6 would fall behind. It feels as snappy as ever.

I have been very pleased with the battery life on the Nexus 6. It has a 3220 mAh Lithium Ion battery providing up to 24 hours of talk time. I find that I can easily last an entire day without charging my device. Also, with the included Turbo Charger, it provides up to 7 hours of battery life in only 15 minutes.

Okay Google! This device does support the ability to say “Okay Google” with the screen off, allowing you to ask it a question or tell your Nexus 6 what to do, without even touching your device. This is one of my favorite features, very convenient, and is yet another reason to choose the Nexus 6, in my opinion.

The Nexus 6 is a true winner in my book, and I highly recommend it. The Nexus 6 is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.