cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: At the batting cage

Journeyman

I took the Nexus out to the batting cage as I prepare for my first ever attempt at playing softball. Since I was born and raised in India, the only game I grew up playing was Cricket. I’ve grown up in the States so I know the finer points of the game;

1. Hit the ball
  2. Run the bases
  3. Catch the ball
  4. Tag the bases

The batting cage was at my coworker and fellow team member krsheets house. I handed him my Nexus to take a few snaps of me doing my best Ken Griffey Jr impersonation. This was a great opportunity to try out the Nexus’s ability to take a good action shot. Would it step up to the challenge, or would it leave us with a feeling of MEH!!!

I have to say the feeling for me was Meh! The overall quality of the photos were decent, however the shutter speed was slow thus never quite taking the shot at the desired time of ball and bat meeting. I finally got tired of the default camera app and switched to my favorite camera app (Manual Camera). While the results were better, they weren’t revolutionary. The shutter speed’s slowness was still ever present. I give a fair warning to those with kids, the camera will give you fits at times. My kids tend be hyper and asking them to hold a pose is like asking a Romulan and a Vulcan to hold hands. It frustrates me that a phone with all these goodies can’t seem to get one of the most important functions that a phone in today’s day and age must accomplish.

softball.jpg

Thanks

Stanny George

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”