cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador : Go Manual with your Nexus 6

Journeyman

I've been looking for a good camera app for use with all device for a few months now. I searched on line and found that the overall concise opinion showed Manual Camera as being one of the best.

I decided to download and try out the app, now I am pretty sure that I am one of the most frugal (some would say cheap) people out there, so for me to break down and actually spend $2.99 on an app is a lot.

That being said, I am happy that I purchased this app, it gives the feel of the point and shoot camera with all the options and even an dial on the bottom right.

Manual Camera is just what the name suggest, it gives the user control of a lot of aspects of the photo shooting process such as;

Shutter speed

Focus distance

ISO

White Balance

Exposure Compensation

geo tagging

Raw format (for post production)

Timer

Screen brightness

Sounds off/on

Manual Camera  takes full advantage of Google's lollipop's camera2 API.

For those who don't want to drop a thousand bucks for a DSLR, this app is for you. It lets you shoot excellent pictures like a pro.

I found some good youtube tutorials on the app to increase your knowledge and let you shoot like the pros.

For those who have kids, you know the struggle of getting your kids to hold the smile only for them to loose attention while your camera auto focuses and then takes a few seconds to take the actual shot.

Manual Camera is fast, the shutter speed will allow you to take those good pictures of your kids smiling with their eyes open (not an easy task).

unnamed.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.vipek.camera2

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee)