cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Hello Nexus 6, Goodbye Tablet

Sprint Product Ambassador

I have been using the Nexus 6 by Motorola for about three weeks now as my daily driver and really love this device. The Nexus 6 has actually replaced my tablets, as I have barely touched any of them in the past three weeks.

Nexus6-2.png

Portability

The size of the Nexus 6 really has me hooked. For those of you that think it would be too large, I say it is not too large at all, and for me is the perfect size.

Dependent upon clothing, most of the time it will fit in my pocket. For example, if you’re wearing jeans, you shouldn’t have trouble sliding the Nexus 6 into your back pocket, as it is a slim and sleek at .39” thick, 6.27” long, 3.15” wide, and weighing a light 6.49 ounces.

Regarding holding the device, the slight curvature of the back assists with this, making it comfortable to the grip. Personally, to assist me with holding devices, I use a Flygrip and affix one on the back of every device I use. It helps to prevent dropping, assists with one-handed operation, and operates as a stand (both vertically and horizontally).

Media Consumption

The Nexus 6 has a 6” AMOLED Quad HD display with a 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution with 493 ppi. In addition, it has a powerful 2.7GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with a whopping 3GB of RAM. Also, the long-lasting 3220 mAh battery provides over 24 hours of usage on a full charge. In addition, the dual front-facing stereo speakers are incredibly loud for such a device. 

Consuming media...watching videos, listening to audio, and reading articles, is an absolute joy on this device. I prop it up on my desk, on the table, in bed, etc., and access content on that brilliant 6” inch screen, with incredible sound, and quick responsiveness. I am no longer using my tablets as a result.

Replacing the Tablet with the Phablet?

If you’re in the market for only one device… and you need to choose between a smartphone or tablet, the Nexus 6 “phablet” might be just perfect for you, as you’ll get the best of both worlds. It is close enough to the size of a 7” tablet, yet small enough for you to use as your daily driver device.

I understand that use-case scenarios vary, and many times there are specific needs for tablets. I am simply stating that if you can only afford one device at this time, the Nexus 6 would make a great solution.

The Nexus 6 is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.