cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Nexus 6 Battery Life

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Nexus 6 by Motorola has gotten mixed reviews for battery life - however, I've found it has all day and then some life!

I was at a weekend conference where we were in class for up to 14 hours at a stretch and not a lot of outlets in the conference center.  I didn't bring my laptop, instead counting on Google Drive, the Nexus 6 and Sprint Spark LTE service to keep up with notes, ideas and brainstorming.  So, the phone got quite a bit of use over the course of the weekend!  I'd unplug about 6AM and be in the classroom until after 9PM.  During that time the Nexus stayed above 20% charge without problems.  I did take a couple of steps to extend the battery life - I turned off WiFi and Bluetooth, and turned the screen brightness down to around 50%.

At home I've found the same results - all day use and at the end of the day the battery still has a solid charge.  One night I forgot to put it on the charger, and it remained alive overnight long enough to fire the alarm in the morning.  With the Quick Charge feature, I was able to put it on the charger while I was getting ready for work and had about 80% charge when I left for work! 

A tool I use to monitor the battery life is the PowerTime Widget from the Play Store.  It is a 1x1 widget that adds a battery percentage and time remaining display to your home screen. It learns over time the battery life - over a few days it gets more and more accurate.  A quick tap on the widget opens the battery usage screen on your phone, letting you see what's using the most of your battery.

I have no complaints about the battery life on this phone!

- Will England

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

1 Comment