cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Nexus 6 Final Thoughts

Journeyman

Nexus 6 Final Thoughts

I was so happy to win the Nexus 6 device from Motorola Insiders And when the device finally arrived, I was even more ecstatic to open the box. I knew the specs of the device, but I still wasn’t prepared the size of the phone. Maybe it wasn’t the size of the phone that caught me off guard, but more the size of the screen. I’ve owned one other 6in screen device, and a handful of large 5.5+ screens, but this was my first 6in Quad HD screen. I can’t explain the detail and quality of the of the images and videos on this screen.

Because the screen is so large, consuming content isn’t so much like watching something on a large phone, but more like watching something on a more mobile tablet! The phone is about the same size as many other devices with smaller, less resolution screens. This makes holding the device feel great, and not too big in your hand. I mean, it’s big, but not too big.

Along with the big screen is big sound. The dual front facing speakers are perfect for watching those high quality videos I mentioned earlier. With the sound coming straight at you, you won’t have to do that weird cupping thing with your hand to try and bounce music from the back of your phone to your face. I can’t believe front facing speakers aren’t mandatory for all phone manufacturers yet, but in my opinion it should be. It makes so much sense! And in the case of the Nexus 6, they’ve nailed it! These speakers are not only facing you, they are LOUD. I don’t have any problems hearing my phone blaring music from across the room. A feat usually reserved for the prestigious phones built for audiophiles.

As good as the screen and sound are, the best part of having the latest Nexus device is, of course, having the latest version of Android! As I mentioned in an earlier post, Android 5.0 is Google’s latest iteration of their Android operating system. It is also the coolest update I’ve ever experienced. I love the new “tabs” for multi-tasking and the material design aspect of the UI is just great. The new runtime ART is silky smooth and incredibly fast!

All of the new design and animation updates are fantastically showcased on the Nexus 6. If you’re looking for the perfect device to consume high quality media, and experience the best that Google’s Android OS has to offer, then take a seriously good look at the Nexus 6.

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to Nexus 6

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.