cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Nexus 6 Final Thoughts

Sprint Product Ambassador

nexus-6-review-phone-1200-80.jpg

Summarizing this phone is really hard to put in words. I am a huge fan of the Nexus line and love stock android. The nexus line always keeps pushing the hardware envelope and makes the ecosystem as a whole much better. Looking at the hardware alone this is a beautiful phone, with the 2k screen resolution, front facing speakers and the best camera a Nexus has ever had. I have preached on how amazing this hardware is and it will hold up easily to the heavy hitters coming out later this year, I have no doubt. Every Nexus has stood the test of time for at least 2-3 years which is the average consumer ownership.

If you're an android purest and love updates, the nexus will always be your phone. Knowing that as soon as an update is released you can push it manually with a little know how or wait a few days. Always having the cutting edge straight from google. Google is always pushing the ecosystem to be more optimized and user friendly and lollipop is showing the fruits of their labor. The material design from Google is really the best looking OS out on the market. We are so far away from the days on gingerbread! The big additions for 5.1 would be the battery saver, ART runtime and multitasking functionality. First off the battery saver much a much needed feature stock android has been lacking for years. The other manufacturer skins have been doing the battery saving feature for years and very well. Switching from the Dalvik runtime to ART has had a huge boost in performance. This is an unsung feature because it’s how the OS runs apps in the background. Last but not least the new multitasking cards UI is really fantastic and easy to navigate.

Lollipop-2-590x330.jpg

I spoke about this a little earlier but this is the first Nexus that I have been eager to use the camera. I’ll be honest Samsung is still king in the optics department but this is a close second in my opinion. Googles camera app is very simplistic and that’s all I need. I’m sure if you’re a camera enthusiast, you would need to download a third party app with finer tuning.

nexus-6-camera.jpg

All in all I have not been happier with any phone to date. Having a huge gorgeous high resolution screen with amazing duel stereo sound is the best.

- First image via techradar.com

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.