BlogArticlePage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Nexus 6 aka Mr. Clean

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Nexus 6 by Motorola is the phone you need to get. That is all. The end.

Nexus6-1.png

In all seriousness, I have not been happier with another device, and have used a lot of them. I have even dubbed my Nexus 6 as Mr. Clean.

When it comes to Android, my typical process has been… “Activate Device > Add Google Account > Delete Bloatware.” That third step… deleting bloatware, well that is a pain point for me. I’d rather not see a plethora of apps I probably won’t use already installed on my device. This is just one of the things that makes the Nexus 6 by Motorola so amazingly perfect. It comes with clean, pure, vanilla android (Lollipop 5.0)… and the Sprint version of the Nexus 6 has ZERO bloatware whatsoever. It has the standard Google apps that are part of the Google/Android ecosystem, which work harmoniously and perfectly on this device. Also something to note, Nexus devices receive the latest and greatest OS updates prior to other Android devices. You can rest assured that your Nexus 6 will be running the newest version of Android before other Android device types will receive updates.

Another item I love about the Nexus 6 is its size. The Nexus 6 has a 6 inch AMOLED Quad HD display and is 6.2 inches in length. It is stunning and brilliant! A side note: something I found humorous, my iPhone 6 has a 5.5 inch display and is 6.22 inches in length. Yes, the Nexus 6 has a larger display, but is slightly shorter than the iPhone 6 with its smaller display. Android lovers should enjoy laughing at that one! In any case, the 6 inch display is a fantastic size. I do not find it too large in the least bit. I firmly believe that the extra screen real estate is needed on smart devices. We rely on our devices for so much in our lives today, why wouldn’t we want more screen space to enjoy? If you are one of the folks that still wants a smaller device, there are other options for you. However, I believe that one of these days you will come around and embrace the larger device. It no longer “looks” odd in public, DOES fit in pockets (contrary to popular belief), is widely accepted, enjoyed, and used. Think about touchscreens… you no longer use a tactile keyboard, and have embraced touchscreen keyboards. It is only a matter of time until everyone hops on the large device bandwagon, in my opinion.

Nexus 6 Specs and Features

• Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
  • Battery: 3220 mAh Lithium Ion embedded battery
  • Talk Time: up to 24 hours
  • Dimensions: 3.2” x 6.2” x .39”
  • Display: 6” AMOLED Quad HD (1440 x 2560)
  • Weight: 6.5 oz
  • Processor: 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
  • Memory: 32GB ROM / 3GB RAM
  • Bluetooth profiles: HFP, Headset (HSP), A2DP, AVRCP, HID, PAN, PBAP, OPP, HDP, HOGP, MAP, GOEP, MPP
  • Camera: 13 megapixels rear-facing, 2 megapixels front-facing
  • Data: Sprint Spark, 4G LTE, 3G
  • Turbo Charger & USB 2.0 cable (Turbo Charger allows for a gain of up to 7 hours of battery life in only 15 minutes)

There is much more I can write about the Nexus 6, but will leave it for my upcoming Nexus 6 blog posts. Until then, if you’re in the market for a new device, the Nexus 6 would be a stellar and smart choice.

The Nexus 6 is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.