cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Nexus 6 - "Say Cheese"

Sprint Product Ambassador

Nexus 6 - "Say Cheese"

Who here likes cameras.... now a day’s people don’t really carry cameras unless they are a professional photographer. Most users just use their phones camera. The Nexus 6 has taken the camera and made it one impressive piece of equipment. The device comes with a 13 Megapixel rear camera and includes the following features: F2.0 aperture, optical image stabilization, 4k video abilities, and dual LED ring flash.

Using the phones camera I noticed it was very sensitive to lights and darks particularly the area that which you have the camera focus on. When taking a picture depending on where you focus and determine how the light is being portrayed. Take a look at these pictures the one that is darker the focus was placed on the lighter part of the petal. The lighter picture the focus was placed on the darker portion petal. Each brings out colors in a different way. I am o expert photographer but that this was something I had to learn.

IMG_20150224_125844.jpg IMG_20150224_125801.jpg

One of the features of the camera that I have been using a lot is the ability to take a panoramic. This phone makes it such a simple process. You start by taking the first picture then determine if you want to go left or right to make the panoramic shot. In the center of the screen there will be a circle and a ball. You align the circle and the ball until they sync up and the camera will auto take the next picture. You keep doing this alignment in the same direction you started or the panoramic shot. Once you have taken enough photos for your shot you select the check mark and the phone will compile the pictures taken into one photo. I recently used this feature to document my home flooring upgrade being done.

PANO_20150317_095211prior.jpgPANO_20150319_222248after.jpg

The final picture shot is a true 360 degree (Photo Sphere) Shot. This shot is similar to the Panoramic where you have a ball and a circle to align on the screen. The only difference is you will do a full 360 degree capture. The picture once complete and accessed will look amazing and will even work with the phones accelerometer for position and movement. You basically have 3 ways to view the picture. you can view it like any other picture scrolling left and right within the image when looking at it or you can view it via the way it was intended through photo sphere captured way. While view the picture the regular way there will be a world icon with a panoramic looking picture on top of it. By clicking this icon will enter you in the photo sphere view. This will give you the view of the picture through your phone as though you were standing right there taking it. This option auto starts a circle movement but can be navigated manually swiping left, right, up, and down. Or you can select the GPS icon in the bottom left corner and view the image utilizing the phones accelerometer. Therefore which ever direction you face the phone you will be viewing the picture taken that direction. This feature allows you truly to view the picture as it was intended to be done.

PANO_20150308_152705.jpg

This camera has taken the ability to make great pictures a possibility. I can clearly say it is my go to option when taking photos. With all the features it has no one will need to carry a separate camera again.

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee