cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Texts with Nexus 6

Highlighted
Journeyman

Double Texts with Nexus 6

Everyone is getting double texts with my Nexus 6, I have also heard this is an issue on other phones too. I keep getting the run around with Sprint, seems like this could be a lawsuit waiting to happen. I'm sure people wouldn't take kindly to being charged double the texts, and others arent happy to get them either.

33 REPLIES 33
Master

Re: Double Texts with Nexus 6

Dagreek05 - I'm afraid this is an issue we've seen with the device. We've been in contact with the manufacturer and hope a work around is coming soon but there's nothing official. How long have you had the phone as well?

- John
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Since December 17th..........So im stuck with this phone and screwed. Its funny that you say its an issue with the manufacturer, when I was told by another it was an issue with your system.

Wizard

Hello, This is not unique to nexus 6. I have seen this happen on a lot of phones. I read a post from a Nexus 6 user and he states that he did a reset on his phone and this repaired the problem!!! try it and maybe it will help you. I hope that I can help.

Journeyman

Tried that, didnt work. This issue is nation wide and TONS of people are having the problem, but apparently its too hard to fix. Gotta love the logic "We can build it, but we don't know how to fix it" that most companies have today.

Master

Dagreek05 - It's an issue with the phone itself, others with the same phone have seen the same issue as well. We're working with Motorola and Google to resolve it.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Well then you only have 1 choice make Sprint rebuild the connection (NOT REFRESH IT) or make them set you up with a new line!!! You are right, this is a network wide problem!

Wizard

Then quickly fix this issue with out saying We will pass it on. If you were reading these posts you would see that it is not Motorola's fault. it is a network issue!!!

Journeyman

Like many others, I'm really tired of the duplicate texts on my Sprint N6 since I got it last November. It's getting absurd. My daughter sent me a screen shot of one of my texts. It duplicated 14 times before she had a chance to reply. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Journeyman

SprintCare,

I am also having this problem and also see that you are working on a fix. I am completely satisfied with the phone otherwise, however, I just upgraded to it and am still within my 14 day return window. Is it possible for me to open a ticket to document this and maybe have that window extended? My concern is I'm going to be stuck with a phone that is great but pretty much locks me to 3G for one or two years due to the 14 day window having passed.

Master

Riv121 - We do understand your concerns. To better assist you with your questions please send us a private message using this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X and we will be here to help. - OliviaSprint Social Care
Wizard

SprintCare wrote:

Dagreek05 - I'm afraid this is an issue we've seen with the device. We've been in contact with the manufacturer and hope a work around is coming soon but there's nothing official. How long have you had the phone as well?

- John
Sprint Social Care

An issue with the device? I don't think so.

I use the phone on Cricket for a while before selling my Sprint S5.

No duplicate text messages on Cricket but as soon as I started using it on Sprint. How do you explain that?

I don't know if I am going to wait until my contract is up. I have few days to decide, pay the ETF and move my line to Cricket

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat