Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6 Coming Soon. Pre-register Now!!

Wizard

Nexus 6 Coming Soon. Pre-register Now!!

Nexus 6 Brings Sprint Customers Uncompromising Size and Sound, Paired with One of the Best Deals in Wireless

Sprint and Google are coming together once again to bring Sprint customers a pure Android™ experience with Nexus 6 by Motorola. For Android lovers, this means being the first to get the latest Android updates and the very best of Google, right in the palm of your hand. Before the holiday shopping season kicks into high gear, Sprint (NYSE: S) will offer Nexus 6 with the high-speed data capabilities of Sprint Spark™ in select markets and some of the best rate plan options of any national carrier for individuals, couples and families. Introduced today by Google, Nexus 6 is the next generation of the award-winning Nexus family of smartphones.

David Owens, Sprint senior vice president of Product, issued the following statement:

“Sprint and Google share a long history of innovation, with Sprint as the first carrier to offer its customers Google Wallet and the first carrier to give customers the option to keep their existing wireless number with Google Voice™. Sprint also delivers a comprehensive, mobile-centric offering of Google Apps for Work, cloud-based collaboration tools for businesses. We are thrilled to collaborate with Google once again with the launch of the all-new Nexus 6. Our customers can use this smartphone’s robust features without hesitation with unlimited data, talk and text with the Sprint $60 Unlimited plan or the Sprint Family Share Pack offering the best deal in data to consumers and double the sharable high-speed data for the same or lower price as its competitors.”

Beginning today, Sprint customers can pre-register for more information on Nexus 6 at www.sprint.com/nexus6. Additional details, including pricing and availability, will be available in the coming weeks.

69 REPLIES 69
Journeyman

I've used two previous Nexus devices and wanted to know if the Nexus 6, would also come without the carrier added software. For example, my Galaxy Note 2 didn't come with Sprint ID installed, but the Note 3 did.

I'm excited about the Nexus 6, but hopefully it comes without the bloatware.

I would like to be given the option of installing Sprint ID and Sprint Zone,considering I don't use either of them. They're software that is constantly running in the background, that's serves me no purpose.

Wizard

I'm leaning into thinking no but I definitely agree that they are both worthless crap. At least it's only two apps and not tons like it used to be.

Journeyman

I am totally excited too about the Nexus 6 coming to Sprint next month. I have an upgrade in November and this is just going to be perfect! I was bummed about the new Moto X not coming to Sprint but with the arrival of the Nexus 6 soon, this is even better. Woo-hoo!

Journeyman

I was ready to leave sprint when they weren't going to have the Moto X (2014) but will definitely be staying now that they will offer the Motorola Nexus 6. So thank you Sprint for not dropping the ball twice on great Motorola devices. But is there any word on how soon I can pre order? Or a release date on the Nexus 6?

Journeyman

I know for a fact if you were to buy unlocked straight from Google or Motorola, you won't have any bloatware, being that it is a Nexus. Not sure about buying from Sprint though. Still better than Verizon and AT&T bloatware though.

GrandMaster

i thought the nexus line never contained any carrier specific bloatware? wasnt that one of the main deals with having a nexus phone? no bloatware and the updates come straight from google and not through multiple people?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

As far as I know, there's no release date for the Nexus 6 yet.

Journeyman

I was also thinking about leaving as well, the Nexus 6 saved the day.... When I had the Galaxy Nexus, it didn't have anything extra on it and I am hoping they follow suit with this.... Bloatware is my heartburn with Samsung and Sprint!

I was so upset when I got my Note 3 and it came loaded with carrier bloatware. I don't pay high end price to deal with bloatware, it's the same reason, why I pay for apps.... So I don't have to deal with ads( more bloat.)

Journeyman

If we buy direct from Google, are we going to be able to activate it? Like the nexus 5? I got the nexus 5 earlier than if I had pre-ordered with sprint.

Wizard

I have not heard anything on that. I read that there was major issues activating the 32gb version on Sprint.

Journeyman

Yeah I understand that, but the 32gb is probably the option sprint will deal with being that is the smallest option for storage. That is the one I was inquiring about.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat