cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6 nightmare

Journeyman

Nexus 6 nightmare

Let me tell you about the nightmare that is still ongoing to get my unlocked Nexus 6 activated on Sprint.

I've been a Sprint customer for 15+ years, I have 3 lines on my account and I have had my ups and downs with Sprint (but truthfully every service has it's issues) but I can't believe how much hassle it has been trying to get a sim card for my Motorola Nexus 6.  I purchased it through Google (cause honestly Google, Amazon & Best Buy have it $150 cheaper than Sprint), On 7/8/15 I went online & made an appointment with the Sprint Store near me, I even put it in the comments as to why I made the appointment.  I show up and get "Oh, we're sorry, we don't have technicians so we don't carry sims cards." so I guess nobody bothered to look at the appointment.  So they signed me up at the Sprint Store that does have technicians a city over.  Now I'm doing all this on a 30 minute lunch... which I ended up going way over.

I get to the Sprint Store and had a wait... when it was finally my turn the guy who helped me told me they don't give sims cards to people who buy their phone outside of Sprint.  But I have Sprint service & the phone is one that Sprint has.  So I get to my car & call Sprint, they lady that answered said that wasn't true, yes they do give sims cards (cause I'm a Sprint customer) and I'm supposed to get one for free so she calls the Sprint Store & they told her they didn't have any in stock (which I seriously didn't believe).

I get back to work 2½ hours later (I'm lucky my work is very understanding) and call Sprint again, they transfer me to a department that placed an order for the sims card, which I get for free but I went ahead and paid extra to have it shipped next business day. On 7/9/15 I received my sim card, but guess what... it was the wrong one (they sent a micro sim instead of a nano sim).  So I called Sprint back... once again got transferred and the lady looked up my order, she apologized and said yes I was sent the wrong sim card so she was processing a new order & was supposed to have it shipped next business day and wave the shipping fees this time because it was their error.

Well as of 7/10/15 I have not received any shipping information only my order confirmation, I look up my order & it has not been shipped yet.  So I contacted Sprint again via chat & they told me it was shipping soon and that I should receive it in 2-5 business days.  That was NOT what was supposed to happen.  I was supposed to get it next business day (since I already paid for it the first time).  The gentleman was nice enough to refund me the shipping but the whole point was I got the run around and my order then shipping was messed up. 

I am NOT a happy camper.  The reason for the rush is that my daughter had her cell phone stolen while she was moving into her new apartment & she has no phone at all.  She was supposed to get my old phone once I got the Nexus 6 activated but I can't even get that done because of the run around I've gotten.  I've read the previous horror stories people had last year because the Nexus 6 was a new phone then but I figured that since it has been a few months the same problem wouldn't happen to me.

Well see whenever I get this sim card if it's even the right card & if I have any problems activating my phone.  Right now I'm very upset with all of this & even the fact because it's been such a FUBUR'd situation that I've lost time at work and had to stay late to make it up.  But I wanted to share my story with others so they can be warned.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Nexus 6 nightmare

It's too bad that you had to deal with a store such as the one you dealt with.  Was it a corporate store?   Corporate stores are much better to deal with than the "authorized dealer" stores. I'm lucky to have a great corporate store near me.  I messed up my Nexus 6 and I was able to get a warranty replacement phone in 3 days.

Journeyman

This sound vaguely familiar...  I went to a store to get a nano sim card for my unlocked Moto X, and the agent said they don't carry the cards in the stores, you have to order them over the phone.  So I called them and almost ordered the card, but I didn't have my credit card at the time.  So then I called again once I had the card, and that agent said I had to go to a store and you cannot order the cards over the phone!

So I went to the Sprint website and opened a live chat, hoping those people would know what they were talking about.  After a lengthy discussion I was transferred to order support where I was FINALLY able to order the card!  What a headache, but at least I got to the bottom of it!

Sprint Social Care

blindwarrior

Glad to read that the issue has been resolved. If you have any questions or concerns let us know, we are here to help.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat