cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Go to solution
Wizard

Re: Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Hello Benny, i am glad this worked for you. Did you do a partition wipe at any time? This will remove any junk and temporary files. these file can cause the same problems too. I used Google Voice because i live in an area where I am lucky if I got 1 bar. Google Voice has a lot of issues. GV is going to be phased out in the coming months. I found a better app. I now use Google Hangouts Dialer. This works so much better and has a lot more functionality. My Moto X works very good now. I hope that your GS5 works good for you now. Cool

Journeyman

I didn't do partition wipe but so far it works great i am happy, i use hangouts Dialer too its great better than the GV,

Thanks for the help

All the folks in the community be patient you will find the solution.....

Wizard

Hi Benny, If I may make a suggestion. Forget going to a Sprint store and the Sprint techmonkeys. They haven't got a clue. There a lot of us techies that can fix issues. We are the ones that do the research and find the answers. The community is full of us! Good luck my friend.

Wizard

Totally agree. Also, forums like XDA Developers and others are much better than most Sprint Repair store techs. I have only ran into a few store techs with a brain, most are pretty clueless, aka wiping the phone fixes any issue. A visit to a store should be done as a last resort, with anything you need to have done to your device backed up.

Wizard

Hi Katt, You are so right. However, A reset wipes out your data too. I recommend a partition wipe 1st. This will not wipe out your data. This will clean out all of the temporary and junk files which can cause many issues for your phone. if this doesn't work then as a last resort use a reset. All we have to do is a little research and we can avoid the techMonkeys!

Journeyman

I am sorry to say but the amount of interest we show in phones and network most of the Sprint employees don't. They even get free phones to play with so they can learn and guide the customers, s4gru XDA android police are one the few sites and of course Sprint community techies we are here to help.

Highlighted
Wizard

I totally agree! And I am a techie 2 ans I am here to help my friend!!!

Wizard

I have spoken to a handful of Sprint employees over the years that truly understand smartphones. Unfortunately, most of them treat it like a job that they don't care about.

Wizard

Dumb question, are you talking about cleaning up your cache?

Wizard

Hi katt. i am sorry for the confusion. I am talking about a partition wipe. This does not clean out the cache. This operation cleans out junk and temporary files! Often times the junk and temporary files can cause issues like the phone not ringing or issues with texts. We have to look at our smartphones like they are computers with with voice capabilities. Just like a desktop computer our phones need to cleaned out regularly. it is a good idea to get a really good cache cleaner. This can only help. If all else then do a factory reset. The reset will delete all of your data! I hope that everything goes well for you.

GrandMaster

mind posting how to do this so others can try this before jumping right to the FR.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Obviously there are many different types of phones out there and not all of them work the same. It will be difficult to explain how to do that. I found out how to do it on my phone by doing a little online research! Simple!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat