cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: Nexus 6 not receiving calls

in this case im talking about the N6 since its in the N6 forum/thread lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

How do I clear Cache Partition on my device?

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
    You will see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.
  2. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "Recovery mode"
  3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
    You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."
  4. While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
  5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
  6. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

There you go! I just researched it! Easy as pie!!!

GrandMaster

thank yuh sir..most dont make it that far and or have never heard of searching things out lol..yet they can find these forums..shocker right?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Most people don't realize that a smart[hone is a computer with voice capability. many people thunk that their phones will run flawlessly and endlessly with out have to do anything! NOT TRUE. You have to do routine maintenance to keep it that way! However there are those of us that can. SprintCare is definitely not holding up their end of the bargain!

Wizard

I think that the wiping the partition probably is a little too involved for SprintCare reps here. It was when I called over the phone to see if a rep could walk me through it. I ended up wiping my G2 and it's made a major difference in battery life and speed.

Wizard

As i stated this can only help. Do a partition wipe and a good cache clean will make a major difference!!! get it SprintCare!!!

Highlighted
Wizard

I am really glad that your phone works better!

Wizard

If you decide to get a Nexus 6 the do yourself a favor and do a reset 1st before you do anything. This will eliminate any problems! good luck!

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi, What you describe is a known issue with a small amount of devices we received from Motorola, approx 1% of inventory is impacted (which means 99% is not). We've tried our best to scrub the impacted inventory from all retail and sales locations, but there's a chance a unit may have "fallen through the cracks."

The symptoms of THIS particular issue: Once a Nexus 6 is activated it can only receive data and only on LTE or WiFi. No "3G" data (i.e. CDMA). No voice calls go through, you get an error stating "Your account could not be validated..." No text (SMS) messages go through. MMS messages may go through via LTE or WiFi as MMS messages are data channel, not voice channel.

If your N6 is one of the impacted devices you should bring it to any Sprint retail store location and they will replace it for a working Nexus 6, even after the 14 day exchange period.

Note: Your device MUST be experiencing exactly the issue as described. A device that *sometimes* makes calls, or *sometimes* sends/receives SMS messages, or *sometimes* has 3G data is not impacted. You must bring your impacted N6 to a Sprint retail store, not 3rd party like Best Buy or Radio Shack.

Thanks for being patient with us and being Sprint customers.

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
GrandMaster

is there a specific version or anything that can be checked by the customer themselves to see if its in fact one of them or is this a repair store only type of deal?

Wizard

CJ, can you PLEASE make sure that this information is our there for the other SprintCare reps?

Wizard

Bull, This is not specific to Motorola!!! I have seen Samsung, LG and other phones with this same issues and you know it!!! So why say it is a Motorola issue cause it is not? A hard reset will fix this. If not the the connection is not right!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat