cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Nexus 6 not receiving calls

I have had my Nexus 6 phone since January, 2015. I have had the missed phone calls since day one. Sprint techs have been unable to fix the problem. I have been a Sprint customer for at least 15 years and never had missed call issues. I want to replace the phone, which I hate to do because I love all the other features. The problem is they don't seem to want to do that. Missed calls cost me money and I may have to take them to small claims court to to what they should have done in the first place. Sprint customer service used to be very good. Now, not so much. I started to raise my voice in anger at the store and they were going to call the police. The whole situation makes me sick and, yes, they act as if I am the only one experiencing the problem when, in fact, I have been reading and trying all the suggested resets, updates, and suggestions in several different Sprint blogs. They must think we're stupid.

Journeyman

I have miss many phone calls and it has cost me thousands of dollars. I am paying for LTE but I can't use it. Maybe we need to consider class action lawsuit against Sprint because issue is not with the phone, issue is with Sprint. Sprint customer service, if you are reading this, this is not a threat, this is a logical action your customers will take due to your inaction.

Wizard

Hello, Sprint has acknowledged that the issue is well known and that the issue is with the towers. That statement is kind of bypassing the issue because it is with LTE and wifi! What were they thinking?

GrandMaster

i still believe it to be an issue with the phone and not the network. easiest way to rule this out would be if there are any other Sprint users near you NOT running a N6..if theirs works and yours doesnt then its the phone..i just dont see how the network would be the issue with only one type of phone..the tower isnt adjusted to a phone..the phone is adjusted to the tower.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

What if the problem is actually in the wireless routers. In my router there is a command called SIP ALG. This command is when enabled is supposed to allow voice passthru for the NAT firewall. this means that voip and video can be used. new routers come with this enabled but older routers don't! What if LTE isn't the actual problem? It could be the routers firewall that is the problem? Not positively sure yet. I need more research.

Journeyman

The issue is with Sprint tower programing. This is a fact per Sprint engineer technical support. There is nothing wrong with the phone, nothing wrong with the router. They will not acknowledge this issue on this website because they have no real solution for this issue.

Journeyman

Plus we don't see this issue on At&t, T-Mobile, Verizon.

GrandMaster

and yet all the other spark devices are able to work on those same towers just fine..if in fact it was a tower issue or something to do with tower programing then it wouldnt be happening to only one type of device right? not to mention they cant acknowledge anything until in this case motorola and sprint figure out what is going on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

I am glad you told me about this. I didn't know this.

Journeyman

Have you open a technical support ticket with Sprint? They are the real technical support for Sprint. You can only reach them by pressuring the first round of "tech support" and they will offer to open a ticket with the network engineer. Once you have a open ticket. You can give them a call, I will do one better. Call 877-882-7401 between 9am-8pm CST Mon-Sat. This is how I find out the issue is with the cell tower.

GrandMaster

im aware of who they are and how they work..but think about it hard..unless youre in a town that only has N6 phones then if it really was a network deal none of the other spark devices would work right? i highly doubt this is the case.

Journeyman

This doesn't exactly matter if the issue doesn't pertain to other Tri-band devices as they are not the Nexus 6; what it DOES mean is that this device does not work on Sprint's network correctly under certain conditions, and Sprint as a company has an obligation to either alert the community and customers on this issue or solve it in some manner. It's been a year now since this phone has come out and the only solution still is "Switch cell networking to 3G while on Wi-Fi". Also, yes I am back on Sprint again; things came up and I was forced to switch back from Google Fi. Apparently my IMEI number was being blocked and then my SIM wasn't registered correctly though, so it took a good 3 days of having no cell service, 10 calls to Sprint, and a 5 hour trip to their store to fix the issues that were occurring. Not quite sure why my IMEI would be blocked after switching carriers, but I read somewhere that Sprint doesn't like to accept T-Mobile phones and under Fi my phone was a "registered T-Mobile phone" for whatever reason. Also pertaining to an earlier response about Wi-Fi firewalls possibly blocking calls and texts: No. Cellular Data and the CSFB (Circuit-Switch Fall-Back) System control this as no sort of 4G Data or Wi-Fi can signal to the phone an incoming call or text, unless of course the network is configured for such a thing and Sprint is not configured for that with the Nexus 6 (even though the phone itself is compatible with that on other Carriers such as T-Mobile). No sort of NAT filtering of router traffic would control an outside source like that unless the network was configured to use data to receive those signals, which it is not as previously stated. Only 3G / 2G (if that's what it's called on Sprint) / 1G (1xRTT) can receive those signals on Sprint's CDMA network. GSM networks have a better implementation of using data to receive phone calls and texts, but this is not that type of cellular infrastructure; they both have their positives and negatives, such as cellular signal density and penetration.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat