cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Nexus 6 not receiving calls

So after all, it is a Sprint issue. It does not matter if it's the tower programing. Sprint should not be selling a phone that does not work on their network.

GrandMaster

the point is work wouldnt need to be done at the tower level..it would end up needing a update through the manufacturer of the phone which means both Sprint and said manufacturer would have to figure out what is going on and fix it. i have never owned a nexus phone so im a bit clueless on how quickly the manufacturer of it jumps on issues or not. i know a couple different companies have made the nexus phones over the years and neither of them have ever been that quick with stuff like this.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Let me get this right. You do not own a Nexus 6, therefore you have not suffer the issue that Nexus 6 Sprint user have. Do you even know what is a Nexus phone? The whole point to have a Nexus phone is to get the updates from Google directly.

Here are a few factors to think about.

1. Nexus 6 has no issues with any other carrier.

2. Nexus 6 is a flagship phone from Google, it gets the update from Google.

3. People who switched away from Sprint has not encounter the same issue.

4. Sprint network engineers stated the issues is with the cell tower programming.

In layman's terms: You don't know anything about the Nexus 6 issue, or what is a Nexus phone.

GrandMaster

correct..i have the HTC One M9..which started out with a issue exactly like this as well as issues with LTE staying connected..was it a tower issue? nope..it was how the phone was trying to read the signals and failing at it..the fix had to come from HTC which Sprint worked with in order to get it fixed..same scenario for you guys and gals. riddle this one out..did google themselves make the Nexus line or did another manufacturer make it? odd..in your case Motorola made it..so any adjustments for the phone itself and NOT on the android side will need to be figured out by Motorola in this case. if you jump into the Nexus 6 forum youre not getting there through the Google forum..youre going through the Motorola forum

MotorolaBack

its how the N6 is reading Sprints network. doesnt mean there is a issue with the network itself..it means it is having an issue reading it..which means adjustments on the phones side of things to get it reading them right. it really doesnt matter which phone made by whoever..if other devices just like it are working fine but a specific one isnt then its the phone and not the network..i fail to see how you guys arent getting this.

good luck with a quick fix coming to you guys though..Motorola isnt exactly the quickest when it comes to fixes..

and just so were on the same page the android updates come directly from Google..not the phone issue fixes...the point of a nexus phones is all the android updates come directly from Google without anyone elses hands getting into it..as well as know carrier specific bloatware of apps for that matter.

looks to be i know more than youre thinking i do about the nexus line

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Do you not understand that Sprint network engineers stated the issue is with the cell tower programming?

GrandMaster

do you not get that their answer makes ZERO sense? ALL the tri band spark devices are designed to work exactly the same when it comes to reading the network and using it..so the odd part would be how is it the N6 cant use the network but the rest of the spark devices out there can? see why it makes no sense? the N6 doesnt have any additional abilities that the other spark devices out there dont have..starting to get where im going with this yet? i would be more interested in a answer from one of the usual NON sprint sites to see what they found out on this whole ordeal. the network programming answer isnt adding up. 

im a bit more curious as to which of the devices are having the issues..is it mainly with the ones people purchased directly from google, the ones purchased through Sprint or both.

Journeyman

Let's use some logic...

A) Motorola Nexus 6 is only phone with this issue (debatable, as I saw some forum discussions about iPhone having the very same issue, but let's just stay focused on the Nexus)

B)  Motorola Nexus 6 only has the issue when on the Sprint LTE network

Methinks the issue is HOW the phone is handling the Sprint LTE signal. This could be the radio OR the LTE band itself. Since it receives the LTE signal and works perfectly fine on LTE when NOT on WIFI, methinks this is a phone problem. Yeah, it has something to do with Sprint's band of choice, but since the phone doesn't encounter this issue on Verizon, T-Mobile or AT&T - who all use LTE, but within different bands or a combination of bands - I think it is fair to say there is a hardware problem within the Nexus.

Does this suck? Hell yes. Do I want to return my $600 phone? Well, not really. I love the Nexus. I love that I will get Android 6.0 this week. I love that I don't have carrier bloatware or even the stupid Sprint Spark startup screen. Is it acceptable in this day and age? Not really, but I cannot blame either Sprint nor Moto. Clearly something fell through the cracks.

BTW, I got the Airrave yesterday and I can definitively report that it DOES NOT fix the issue with the Nexus and WIFI. The only thing I can find that works is to force the phone into 3G when I'm on WIFI.

For those who keep yelling at Sprint...stop. I truly believe it is a problem they can fix but won't b/c of the economics. Honestly, the number of Nexus 6 users is remarkably low compared to iPhone and Samsung.

GrandMaster

at least one person was getting what i was saying lol.

i cant remember if the nexus line has the connections optimizer (automatic connections) on it or not..if it does shut that down and test again...i think its more for the carrier branded devices but you never know. it almost seems like the phone get confused when there are multiple things trying to happen (wifi while there is a LTE signal.) i think the issue is fixable but its going to take the usual work of Sprint along with Motorola to figure this one out.

the airave deal has happened to a few different devices out there that i can remember..i think one of the Sammy lines had issues with connecting to the airave while being set to either CDMA/LTE or Automatic.

Highlighted
Wizard

Guys all of you? Why are you fighting with each other? This is counter productive. We all should should be ganging up on Sprint for allowing this issue to be going on since the Nexus 5. This issue may not affect just the Nexus 6. like fireguy said that his HTC was affected too. This is a unacceptable length of time for all of us to wait for a fix!!!

GrandMaster

my issues were fixed though..by HTC..which is probably what is needed for you guys/gals as well.

the N5 had this issue too? i dont remember seeing much flack about that one and im all over the place on this site. if im remembering right the N5 was made by LG. if there was the same type of issue with it it seems a bit odd LG didnt jump on it..its still made by them and normally theyre pretty decent time frame wise when it comes to phone fix updates getting pushed out.

Journeyman

It does not matter where the problem is. Sprint is responsible for it. If the problem is with the phone, Sprint should not be selling the phone. I do not understand why people who do not have Nexus 6, arguing about the issue is with the phone. We need to pressure Sprint, not divert the attention to other companies. Because Sprint is responsible for the problem.

GrandMaster

so who gets the blame if they purchased it directly from Motorola? or directly from Google? would that also be on Sprint?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat