cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Go to solution
Journeyman

Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Another victim of this.  Switching manually from 3g to 4g is not a solution, it is a workaround.  Please help.  I am strongly considering other networks as well.  Missed calls are unacceptable.

133 REPLIES 133
Master

Re: Nexus 6 not receiving calls

Cbnguyen,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with this. Have you gone to a Sprint service and repair store to have a technician check out your phone? If not, please use Sprint.com/storelocator to find one in your area. 

Thank you,

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Just got Nexus 6 and having issues receiving calls when keeping WiFi on, what's the ETA for releasing an update for this issue. I have no problem staying on LTE I get good speeds and with unlimited data.

Master

BENNY484

I do apologize about that. Have you tried turning the WiFi off and turning it back on. If that doesn't work try Updating the Profile on your device, or a Master Reset may fix this issue. Please keep us posted.

Anntenetta, Sprint Social Care Team
Wizard

Hello. I have a Moto X which operates on the same operating system. I had the same problem. The problem is common to a lot of phones and carriers. I found that if I did a partition wipe it cleared up the problem. Did you recently do an operating system upgrade? Often times what happens is that old junk and temporary file can cause this and other problems. A smart phone is a small computer with voice capability. I suggest that we clean out our phones regularly like a computer. The partition wipe cleans out all of the old temporary and junk files. rest assured that there are ways to correct this! I hope that I can help.

Wizard

Look on the Nexus 6 forums and there's tons of complaints on this issue. SprintCare reps post different stories on a daily basis. I really wanted to get this phone for my upgrade and now, because of the poor response from Sprint, I'm thinking about leaving at the end of my contract.

Wizard

Hi Katt50, there is a good chance that you will have this problem at another carrier. this is a common problem. I don't believe that is the phone. It most likely is a connection problem. 1st do a partition wipe and a cache clean the contact Sprint and tell them to rebuild the connection (NOT REFRESH!) or give you a new line. Did you recently do an operating system upgrade? Is there a tower close? Are there any obstructions? These could cause this problem too. Just remember that a smartphone is a computer and needs to be cleaned out regularly. If you don't clean a computer out regularly it will crash! Do a good cleaning before you call Sprint! Let me know what happens. I will help you if I can.

Wizard

I have read about a lot of other phones having this problem and not just Motorola. This 1 of the best phones out there. Don't give up now. I have resolved this problem on my Moto X. Now it works flawlessly!

Master

Katt50,

We completely understand how you feel, however the issue as you can see from the forums it not specific to Sprint. It's not a network issue, since all the other carriers who offer this device are experiencing the same issue. There are several work arounds, and fixes available for this issue.

- Mabel
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Isn't that what I just posted?

Wizard

If you and SprintCare would bother to READ my post, you would see that I don't have a Nexus 6 but I was considering it for my next upgrade. I am not upgrading and being stuck with a phone that doesn't work.

Wizard

Mabel, what exactly is was the problem and how can it be fixed? It's also interesting that several threads I was following on this community seem to be deleted. I would like to know before I upgrade because I am dependent on my phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat